I think Droid X is the biggest size we can handle?

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I would like to see a 5" screen myself. Very easily doable if they eliminate the stupid bezel's that add another 3/4 or more to the size overall.
The screen on my Droid is so sharp and clear that I can only imagine how nice it would be at 5".
The bezel is probably there for structural support. Additionally, with the screen being so big and the phone thickness being very slim, there may be an issue carrying it in anything but a holster. It can't take the stress of bending very gracefully or for long :blink:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
A guy at work just got an HTC HD2. I was playing with it today for about 10 minutes. When I picked up my Droid afterward it felt tiny and the screen looked so small. Come on July whenever!!!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I wear carpenter pants for work and always put the phone in the largest right outside leg pocket as it's the perfect place to avoid damage. The Droid is just about as wide as I can fit for most of my jeans now, if it's longer I could deal with it but wider I'm screwed.

The DroidX will fit better in your pocket than your Droid because it's thinner:

Droid = 2.36 * 0.54 = 1.27 area
DroidX = 2.50 * 0.39 = 0.98 area

If it's wider then it's irrelevant how thick it is. Promise.

NeutronBomb

Reaction score
I mean overall physical size wise... I was looking at the dell streak, and that 5 inch thing is just too big. if someone came out with a 5 inch phone, I don't think anyone would buy it, because it wouldn't fit in some pockets... it's that big. and since X is tiny bit bigger than the evo, I guess we have reached a limit on these kind of phones... and that's what 4.3 something inches?

just thought about it... now I guess they're gonna start getting small again lol

Speak for yourself. 4.3 is perfect and I wouldn't mind even a little larger. MOAR SCREEEEEEEN!!!!

Mule65

Reaction score
I wear carpenter pants for work and always put the phone in the largest right outside leg pocket as it's the perfect place to avoid damage. The Droid is just about as wide as I can fit for most of my jeans now, if it's longer I could deal with it but wider I'm screwed.

The DroidX will fit better in your pocket than your Droid because it's thinner:

Droid = 2.36 * 0.54 = 1.27 area
DroidX = 2.50 * 0.39 = 0.98 area

If it's wider then it's irrelevant how thick it is. Promise.

With a name like Hugh Jass I bet you could sqeeeze an extra 0.14 inches in those pockets. Promise lol. Do you know Hugh Jardon? :):icon_eek::)

Reaction score
A guy at work just got an HTC HD2. I was playing with it today for about 10 minutes. When I picked up my Droid afterward it felt tiny and the screen looked so small. Come on July whenever!!!

replace HD2 with an Evo and this is dead on...

im doin all i can to get the DroidX... :heart: