I reset, got rid of froyo, apps won't download

dkelban

Reaction score
Hi everybody, and thanks in advance. I reset my Motorola Droid to get rid of Froyo, because the Froyo update screwed up the autorotate. Since I did this, when I try to download apps, they get stuck on "downloading", or "download paused", and later on: "download failed".
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everybody, and thanks in advance. I reset my Motorola Droid to get rid of Froyo, because the Froyo update screwed up the autorotate. Since I did this, when I try to download apps, they get stuck on "downloading", or "download paused", and later on: "download failed".
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Market is down right now. I don't think anyone is having any luck right now.

And you do know that auto-rotate probably could have been fixed without getting rid of Froyo? I mean it works on everyone else's phone with Froyo.

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Market must be down. Same issues here

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, maybe it's just the market, I hope. If you check the internet, there's a LOT about autorotate not functioning after Froyo update on the droid. Since removing Froyo via a hard resent, no problem with the browser refusing to autorotate. Strangely, the Dolphin browser does autorotate even with Froyo installed, but the stock browser didn't ....Go figure!!

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to fix froyo so autorotate will work, I'll consider reinstalling, though I must say, I don't miss froyo. What is so much better about it???

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah, that hyper-twitchy rotate issue. I remember that.

And a hard reset wouldn't have gotten rid of 2.2. Only thing that would have would be flashing SBF files.

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
I don't know what to say: sometimes I love technology, sometimes I hate it, and as I get older, and instruction manuals worse, I can't even figure things out. I bought a guitar amp with programmed bass and drums in it: I'll never figure out how to program that either, lol.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, as it turns out there are two main fixes for 2.2 OTA problems -- reinstalling the update and hard resets. :)

The hard reset is a good one, especially after the phone's been in use for a few months because it's the only way for a stock phone to clear out some of those caches that get overloaded and start bogging the whole thing down. But installing the update file usually clears things up as well. So good! Glad it's working for you. Now you just need to set it back up again (the part I hate the most about doing resets). :)

If you have any other problems, please ask. We'll do our best to help. Hopefully the market will settle down soon enough and you can get on with being a good Droider. :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google... get it together and fix the Market!

You're losing revenue the longer it's down!

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Thanks. all worked out well with the hard reset. I'm happy without froyr, the autorotate works, and the market's up again, so my apps are back. Thanks for the help.

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Not sure its working here yet.I'm embarrassed to admitt but I'm pretty clueless with all this reset stuff. Hopefully google fixes this soon

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Hi. It should work. I got the reset instructions by googling "how to reset a motorola droid", then following the directions on ehow.com. Worked like a charm. The difficulty redownloading was due to the market being "down". If your contacts are gone after a hard reset, you can recover them from your sd card by going onto "contacts", the using the menu to recover from the sd card.

Anthony 23

Reaction score
So far, so good. Market seems to be fixed.ty to you all!