Alright, market won't download

scorpion12

Reaction score
I'm not able t download from the market. I get Download was unsuccessful as an error message.

Phone is Motorola Droid.
Cannot download anything from the market either 3G or wireless.
I've rebooted the phone
I've reseated the SDCard
I've performed a factory reset

Nothing works and now I'm stuck with a Droid that is stock and I cannot get my apps back onto it.

Help?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you did a factory reset I am going to assume you was successful logging into your google account.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
well i don't know if its your phone, i can't even get an update to download at the moment. stuck at starting download on the downloads page. not even getting hte notification on the screen.....

EDIT:!:!:!!:::::: jsut rebooted phone and it started downloading immediately. thought maybe a problem with the market.

have you tried logging out of your gmail, if not, try that, then re-login and see.

Last edited:
OP
S

scorpion12

Reaction score
Well, I took the phone to Verizon... their first response was "we're having tower issues"...

I was like whatever, a tower or two being down wouldn't cause my problem because my wife has an identical phone and hers works...

Anyway, they wound up troubleshooting the problem with Motorola... didn't fix it at all and I wound up having to create a NEW gmail account.

Great. So now, I have to get with Google to see if they can link my two gmail accounts somehow. Wonderful.