I own a blackberry tour, iphone 3 and droid

jason_jm

Reaction score
the droid is the best of the 3 (and I own all 3 devices currently)

and the droid is pretty much beta - in 6 to 12 months its going to be miles ahead.

the screen, and speed of the droid are legendary. Another big bonus is no need to load a single piece of software (ishit i mean itunes) on your computer to transfer data or install apps. Just use windows explorer - wooot

and already there are a lot of useful apps..... hard figuring out what the apps do.

Yeah there are bugs and glitches on the droid, but they will get fixed.

Business user here (IT Admin), on exchange 2007

my vote goes for the droid.

byyyatch99

Reaction score
I just bought the droid and deactivated my tour. My first thoughts are this droid is more complicated to compose and reply to messages. Just more keypresses and menus that I have to go through. I really want to get away from blackberry. Jason, sounds like you are a heavy email user. Are you doing something different that I'm missing?

flako3

Reaction score
Same here have the blackberry tour 9630 and def my vote goes to droid more than iphone as well :)

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
yes there are too many clicks and button pushes for most things

but I don't find email to be one of them, I get about 400 non spam emails per day. I find it much quicker to get through them than the blackberry once the email app is loaded, droid opens each next email automatically (blackberry doesn;t) and it deletes them off the server (blackberry doesn't without running stupid reconcile)

I find the most sluggish part of the droid is related to making and ending phone calls, that the part that needs to be streamlined a lot......
The worst part is I get a shitload of calls, and very often I am on a call and another call comes in, and I can hear the call waiting beep, then I look at my phone and its - dark! Im like WTF, the screen should light up automatically and give me choice to deny new call or switch over to new call.

also i find hanging up calls pretty confusing..... they really could have added red and green hangup and dial button on that keyboard IMO (there is space for it)

Also the address book is not that easy to navigate with 1000 contacts, I find it quicker to use the voice dial than actually find the contact

but its google though, they will streamline the interface in time i bet, google is known for efficiency.

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
anyways the voice sound quality on the droid (both normal, bluetooth and speakerphone) is noticeably better than the tour, for both caller and other party

and thats what counts a lot, I mean it is a phone after all.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I'm not sure about your phone but as soon as I pull the droid from my ear the screen lights up and has all the call buttons right there... that part of it works just like the iphone and is not clumsy at all.

i'm confused why you don't have this? or can't find the RED hang up button?

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
my phone just remains dark, maybe its a bug?

ill try replicate it, got a feeling it has something to do with bluetooth

btw no comments on iphone sound quality, since its on ATT, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

b8b

Reaction score
I had a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, Storm II and now Droid. I just can't live without being able to accept calendar invites, not having more than one line for a signature (death in my business) and not being able to open vcards as attachments (I get assigned clients this way, also death in my biz on the road). I hate to go back, but it looks like I'll be hitting the iPhone again. Darnit! I hate apple/att.

R1Lover

Reaction score
my phone just remains dark, maybe its a bug?

ill try replicate it, got a feeling it has something to do with bluetooth

Iphone sound quality? My droid is better on that by far.

If your using blutooth then I'm sure that's your issue. Try using the controls on the blutooth to switch between calls.

if it's a headset then just hit the talk button again.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i came from the storm 1..was looking at the storm 2 but went ahead wit the droid

pastortommy

Reaction score
I don't see this as a fair comparison. I've ALMOST had all three. I had a tour before my storm2 which i sold when i got the droid. I also use an ipod touch daily.

Tour: neither phone can touch it when it comes to email/messaging, PERIOD.
Iphone/Ipod: Neither phone can touch it when it comes to multi-media, PERIOD.
Droid: Neither phone can touch it when it comes to screen resolution, browser speed, Navigation...

As far as everything else goes, it depends on what you need, in my opinion. The droid and iphone obviously have better apps than blackberry...but blackberry is a different kind of monster.

I like all three...i find myself using my ipod still for may apps and especially for multi-media. BUT, i do think the droid is my favorite thus far... :)