I need to get back to stock .886 - please help!!!!!!!!

Batman8

Reaction score
I upgraded my Bionic to 5.5.893 via P3Droid's OTA .zip file but have now lost root and tried everything to get it back but can't. I also found that NONE of my Gameloft games work so in short, I am trying to now get back to stock .866

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S. Macintosh instructions are preferred but I will do whatever neccessary.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response guys, but this is exactly where I got the app/files that I have been trying all evening. I am on a Mac so I have been trying to use the MotoRooter method but it constantly asks me for a password for the phone (WHEN THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON THE PHONE) so it's been driving me crazy all night!!!!

Any ideas, or other options. I'm trying right now to download and run RSD Lite on my Mac via my PC emulator.

safety

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response guys, but this is exactly where I got the app/files that I have been trying all evening. I am on a Mac so I have been trying to use the MotoRooter method but it constantly asks me for a password for the phone (WHEN THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON THE PHONE) so it's been driving me crazy all night!!!!

Any ideas, or other options. I'm trying right now to download and run RSD Lite on my Mac via my PC emulator.

I haven't used this method so I'm not sure, but could this be your osx admin password it's asking for? Just a thought. Post a screen shot of the process and I will see if I can help. Screen shot: cmd+shift+4 hit spacebar and click the window of the app on the Mac.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I haven't used this method so I'm not sure, but could this be your osx admin password it's asking for? Just a thought. Post a screen shot of the process and I will see if I can help. Screen shot: cmd+shift+4 hit spacebar and click the window of the app on the Mac.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks for the reply Safety. I finally got it back up and running on stock AND rooted! I must have FXZ'd the phone about 7-8 times and it failed every time. At one point I sort of got bricked in boot mode and worried as my battery drained. I mean I tried every "restore to stock" method I could find and ALL of them failed!....AAAAAHHHHHH!!! (frustrating). It was driving me CRAZY!, and then I saw a post where somebody said that the only way they restored their bricked Bionic was with the Moto (Motorola) Fastboot method.

I have to tell you that there are a few different "fastboot" methods out there, but the one I used is a little different in the commands that are typed in. Since this is the one that saved my life, I want to share the link with all of you just in case you get bricked and nothing else works. It also will give credit to the original poster at Briefmobile.com, anyways here is the link Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile

Maybe this will help someone else. Thank GOD for the net. These forums have saved me a few times when even the high level Verizon technicians couldn't get my phone working properly.

Thanks to Everybody out there! It feels good when it's fixed.

Pimphare

Reaction score
.893 back to .886

Hey Batman, I'm trying to use the instructions from the link you've provided but I'm getting an error that reads "The program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I'm on step 6 using windows 7 64bit btw. Do you have any insight on this?

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey Pimphare

I ran into the same problem when I was trying to get back to stock but I thought it was just me. Then I noticed that the same file that was missing happened to be the same file that was embedded inside 1 of the zip files that I was trying to use. So then I just copied it and made sure it was inside the same folder as all the other files that I was running and then it worked. I hope this information helps you. Unfortunately I am more of a Mac person than a PC person so I can't really help you much more than this, but good luck!

Pimphare

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out Batman. I had to download an SDK package from Android SDK | Android Developers and install it to my laptop to get the AdbWinApi.dll file. I don't believe the recommended packed worked for me because the adb file was moved from the tools folder to platform-tools folder. The SDK package for windows that I selected was an archive. I extracted it to a new folder on my desktop for easy access and ran the SDK Manager.exe and put a check next to the Android SDK platform-tools option and clicked install. It then installed the platform-tools folder where the AdbWinApi.dll file is located. I put the fastboot images and fastboot binary in the platform-tools folder with the AdbWinApi.dll file and then opened a command window. I then ran the command prompts listed at Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile and it worked! Thanks for posting the link Batman and thanks for the developers who made this possible.

Pimphare

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Batman! I believe I'm back in business now. I've successfully restored my Droid Bionic back to stock. Now I will work on rooting it! Thanks again!!

Pimphare

Reaction score
Well I don't know what it is, but I still have been unable to get my Bionic rooted. The error I'm getting is "ERROR: adb could not be granted root access" and some other jibber jabber. I got one more thing I'm going to try and if it doesn't work then I guess I give up. I'll post it if it works so others who may be having this trouble can make some use of it.

Pimphare

Reaction score
After several hours of trial and error I finally got root access!!! I'll post some links here for others who have the issue with the .893 update. I found my solution at [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki. I didn't quite understand some of it, but I have managed to work through it. I'll give y'all some easy to follow steps so that maybe you won't get the headache that I did.

-First off you need to download the appropriate package for your operating system from page 1, post #1.
DOWNLOAD LINUX HERE

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS HERE
Save it to your desktop and make a new folder to extract it to.

-Second there is another file you must download on page 3, post#52.
R3L3AS3DRootV1.1_Linux_Script_Only.zip
R3L3AS3DRootV1.1_Windows_Script_only.zip
Save this to your desktop as well (no folder needed for it) and extract it to your desktop. This is only one file and you must drag it to the new folder you've created and replace it with the file within that folder.

-Third connect your phone to your pc or mac and power off you phone. Now press the volume down button and hold it down while pressing the power button simultaneously for a few seconds to gain the AP Fastboot screen.

-Fourth go into the new folder you've created and run the R3L3AS3DRoot batch file. Let it take its course. It will take a while rebooting your phone so just have patience. Once your phone has rebooted, it will be pretty close back to stock. Go ahead and tap the screen to proceed. Skip through all of the steps. DO NOT add a google account, backup sync, or anything. Just keep skipping through it until you can access your settings.

-Fifth switch you usb connection to charge only. Go into your settings/applications/developement and check usb debugging on. After that click any button within R3L3AS3DRoot screen and it should continue running its course. Let it go until finished.

You should now have root access!

I have tried alot of other failed processes so I strongly recommend this method here if you're having the trouble that I was.

THANKS FOR THE PEOPLE HERE AT DROID FORUMS AND THE DEVELOPERS DROIDTH3ORY AND DHACKER29 AT ROOTZWIKI.COM FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Batman! I believe I'm back in business now. I've successfully restored my Droid Bionic back to stock. Now I will work on rooting it! Thanks again!!

No problem Pimphare, that's what we're all here for. I'm just glad it all worked for you.