i need some help!

Domestic violence

Reaction score
so my email application (AOL account) has been force-closing for the past 2 days. nothing changed, no new apps installed and it was working fine since i bought the phone.

i go to VZW today and they do a hard reset. reload the account and force-close. they give me a like-new-certified replacement and load everything up. force-close again. the tech, sales guy and manager have no idea what it is.

i need some suggestions here :motdroidhoriz: as it continues to FC.

however, i did play with a fully operational HTC incredible. (damn, its nice)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so my email application (AOL account) has been force-closing for the past 2 days. nothing changed, no new apps installed and it was working fine since i bought the phone.

i go to VZW today and they do a hard reset. reload the account and force-close. they give me a like-new-certified replacement and load everything up. force-close again. the tech, sales guy and manager have no idea what it is.

i need some suggestions here :motdroidhoriz: as it continues to FC.

however, i did play with a fully operational HTC incredible. (damn, its nice)

So they did a hard reset and then reloaded your apps? That doesn't make sense because what you would want to do is try and discover what app is causing you an issue.

I'd run it without any apps and see how it works after doing a hard reset. It doesn't make sense that you would have the same issue with a different phone.

If you are using a task killer, get rid of that. That may be the source of your problems right there.

OP
Domestic violence

Domestic violence

Reaction score
ok. i logged into my AOL account using a PC and cleared all of the trash, spam, sent and saved messages.

it works.

looks like it was user error and not a problem with the hard/software.

however, my Droid was replaced and im quite happy with that. i dropped the original piece the other day and it really busted up on every corner and most of the bezel pretty bad.