Reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip from sd card
nandroid
partitions menu
advanced

Awesome! As Tallica said, you can use this link from his signature to *UNROOT and get back to STOCK*.

There's a possibility that this *may* not fix your issue, depending on what this guy messed up, but it's likely.

Just read up over there, and if you don't understand anything, ask us first and we'll help you before you flash anything :)

On the other hand, if you don't wanna unroot...we can get that working for you too! ;)

OP
T

Tdnelso

Reaction score
Okay< I went through the steps of wiping the cache and the data. It took me through the set up process. I entered gmail account info and hit the finish button and I got a system error telling me to force close or report. What now. I'm back where I started

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay< I went through the steps of wiping the cache and the data. It took me through the set up process. I entered gmail account info and hit the finish button and I got a system error telling me to force close or report. What now. I'm back where I started

No. You need to sbf. Google sbf Droid and see what you can find. If I had a thread handy I'd give it to you. Here, try this:

http://ted.servepics.com/index.php?...your-phone&catid=29:advanced-guides&Itemid=49

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Been keeping an eye on this thread to see how it turns out for ya ...

I would suggest searching the forum for a custom ROM and try installing that. Maybe the previous owner had a bad ROM installed?? I'll let those that helped you before chime in here, but that would be my next step.

adsfa34

Reaction score

No. You need to sbf. Google sbf Droid and see what you can find. If I had a thread handy I'd give it to you.

+1 ... just wiping data / cache won't do the trick here. You will need to either follow the link from Tallica's signature (#4, same one I provided in my last post) or use hookbill's method: SBF to root / unroot <-- this method works for rooting AND unrooting, so make sure you follow the right section

OP
T

Tdnelso

Reaction score
Okay Vaurnet, I'm trying really hard. I followed Tallica's link. I'm getting an response that tells me the directory is not on my sdcard. What steps do I take now?

adsfa34

Reaction score
What is the *exact* error message?

Try this:

1) Download the update.zip from Tallica's thread (just keep on your computer for now)
2) In ClockworkMod Recovery, go to "Partitions" and click "mount sdcard" then click "format sdcard" (this wipes everything off your sdcard)
3) While you're in this menu, go ahead and click: format boot (then) format system (then) format data (then) format cache
3) At the bottom of the partitions menu, then click "mount usb storage" and move the update.zip from your computer to your clean sdcard
4) Back out of the menu by pressing the power button once (lightly, do not hold it down)
5) Choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"
6) Once finished, click "reboot system

Let us know how that works! :)