I Need more Bass

Amaeloeze

Reaction score
Coming from the imagio when i plug my head phones in it's like i hear the bass when listen to music with head phones, but the bass sucks from the droid does anyone know how to fix this?

eL777

Reaction score
Well.... I need more cowbell! jk, but unless there is an app in the marketplace that I am unaware of, I don't know of a way to up the bass. There have been some reports saying that some people have experienced crackling/popping sounds coming from their droid when playing high bass music through the headphone jack. Could be just some sets though, hopefully.

DaHarder

Reaction score
OP... Buy new (bass heavy) headphones in you require 'more bass'.

At this point there are no Android app media players with suitable EQ adjustment, so the DROID simply sounds the way it sounds... Nice & Neutral

Happy DROIDing​

adam8ch

Reaction score
my ipod video sounds better than my droid :(
im sure an eq app will come out, or a media player than has an eq.

novacane

Reaction score
Yeah when I plugged it into my car's jack there was pretty much no bass.

But but..I NEED MY RAP MUSIC TO BOOOM.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

At this point there are no Android app media players with suitable EQ adjustment, so the DROID simply sounds the way it sounds... Nice & Neutral

Happy DROIDing​

Why are all your posts centered? It makes them hard to read.

Adlerson

Reaction score
I've asked to see if there are any EQ apps out there too, just a couple of days ago, but no positive answers. At least not yet. Here's to hoping something will be out soon... :)

jkayner

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to amplify the output from the headphone jack. In my car, I have to turn the volume way up on the headunit in order to get it to a good level. My usual max is about 22 on my headunit, but with the droid, i have to go up to about 35-40. I tried cranking up the volume on the droid itself, but if you go up too high it degrades the output and you hear crackling and junk when the bass hits. Kinda wish there was a media dock on the bottom like an ipod/iphone.

Zenmervolt

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to amplify the output from the headphone jack. In my car, I have to turn the volume way up on the headunit in order to get it to a good level. My usual max is about 22 on my headunit, but with the droid, i have to go up to about 35-40. I tried cranking up the volume on the droid itself, but if you go up too high it degrades the output and you hear crackling and junk when the bass hits. Kinda wish there was a media dock on the bottom like an ipod/iphone.

If your car's stereo can accept USB devices, try plugging the Droid in as a USB device and allowing the car's stereo to mount the SD card. It should then recognize any MP3 files on the Droid and allow you to play them.

M1dnite

Reaction score
Within my car, I have 2 cables. The cable from mono price makes a cracking noise. But I tried a different aux cable that was a "high quality" cable and it works just fine. hmm go figures. With Bass and all.

Randomocity

Reaction score
Go out on ebay and buy a headphone amp. I'm still trying to get around to building one myself. Most I see though are on Ebay for about 50-60 bucks, and if you want bass, that'll make a world of difference.

jkayner

Reaction score
Within my car, I have 2 cables. The cable from mono price makes a cracking noise. But I tried a different aux cable that was a "high quality" cable and it works just fine. hmm go figures. With Bass and all.

I think the one i have is a Scosche, from wallymart. The crackling noise goes away if i turn the volume of the droid down from max, but the overall volume coming out of the speakers is still lower than if i use the normal radio/CD functions. Are you saying that if you turn the droid all the way up on the "high quality" cable, that it sounds fine?

angelman

Reaction score
I got the monoprice cable and it's fine. I think the fact is the droid outputs a very neutral sound. I have a nice subwoofer setup in my car and trust me there is more than enough bass to go around! I got my phone hooked up to pandora blasting out the tunes this morning.. great!
Now if only I could figure out how to connect the phone to my other car which has a stupid ipod adaptor and no aux in.. any ideas?
I tried connecting the droid to my stereo using usb but it didnt recognise it, I think because it needs a driver in order to work.. bummer but since I really want to use the phone with pandora not too bad anyway.
Now if only someone could get the BBC iplayer working here in the US it would be perfect!

I think the one i have is a Scosche, from wallymart. The crackling noise goes away if i turn the volume of the droid down from max, but the overall volume coming out of the speakers is still lower than if i use the normal radio/CD functions. Are you saying that if you turn the droid all the way up on the "high quality" cable, that it sounds fine?

romeov

Reaction score

Happy DROIDing​

+1 I find myself skipping your posts because my eyes have to re-adjust and take twice as long to read what you're saying.. and you say good stuff too! Too bad

dtboos

Reaction score

Happy DROIDing​

+1 I find myself skipping your posts because my eyes have to re-adjust and take twice as long to read what you're saying.. and you say good stuff too! Too bad

I third the motion. Its annoying on the eyes to have one poster out of format from everybody else when trying to read threads.