What is wrong with Pandora?

wil318466

Reaction score
I like the music selection, the widget, the sound...

except for the bass? The bass is terrible. It crackles in my car. Everything else sounds great, but Pandora sounds TERRIBLE.

Is there any fix, or does Pandora just suck?

-Wil

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The default setting for quality in Pandora is "Normal." Have you gone into Preferences (after hitting the Menu button while in Pandora) and changed the Cell Network Audio Quality to "High?" Hopefully that will do it for you. Not sure if you need to restart the app or anything after changing this, but I think it's your problem. My Pandora sounds great, btw. Streaming it over bluetooth to a bluetooth gateway hooked into my aux port of my car, loving it.

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
The default setting for quality in Pandora is "Normal." Have you gone into Preferences (after hitting the Menu button while in Pandora) and changed the Cell Network Audio Quality to "High?" Hopefully that will do it for you. Not sure if you need to restart the app or anything after changing this, but I think it's your problem. My Pandora sounds great, btw. Streaming it over bluetooth to a bluetooth gateway hooked into my aux port of my car, loving it.

Don't know what it is. I've read in multiple posts that people complain about the bass output from Pandora, and I have to agree. Just not sure what the issue is.

I have it in "high quality" mode.

-Wil

vatothe0

Reaction score
Sounds fine in my car but I have a Focal 10 and a JL 500/1.

YMMV

CBLJazz

Reaction score
problem is volume.
it distorts at high volumes- my wife had the same issue with pandora on her blackberry.

put the sound on the droid at 1/2
control the rest from your stereo- no distortion, great sound.

poooookah78

Reaction score
I go to the gym everyday and listen to pandora while working out. I have to turn my volume down just a tad or the bass sounds like it's gonna blow the fairly expensive ear buds I'm wearing. So, yes, I'm in agreement here with you.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I get zero distortion as long as the volume isn't at full. One click under full sounds great.

It really depends on the input sensitivity of your stereo though. Same with headphones. My Shure e3c earbuds sound fine up to full volume because the have pretty low impedance. My Nike earbuds start to distort at about 80% volume due to higher impedance.

gentlefury

Reaction score
hmmm, well when I first got my phone and started using pandora and it was crackly until I turned on high quality now it sounds great. I stream it to my car thru bluetooth and can crank it with no distortion or loss of sound....run it thru an EQ and I assure you there is PLENTY of bass in there!

Atook

Reaction score
Plenty of bass here too. Either streaming through bluetooth or via aux port. I purposely don't put the volume all the way up though, I try and keep it just over 3/4 on the handset.