I need help

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you flash sprecovery in RM?

Also, try turning on airplane mode, then turn it off.

Sounds like a bad radio though.

Sent from my GimpDroid.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i agree with guidot. you might try downloading the baseband in RM - it's under Bugless Beast, Updates and Additions - and then flashing it to your phone.

also, RM can be used to switch between SPR and CWM recoveries. you'll see the selections on the first screen when you open up RM.

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
I'm aiming to do a Unroot method and just get a replacement device. I am trying the airplane mode now.

What's RM?

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
i agree with guidot. you might try downloading the baseband in RM - it's under Bugless Beast, Updates and Additions - and then flashing it to your phone.

also, RM can be used to switch between SPR and CWM recoveries. you'll see the selections on the first screen when you open up RM.

I tried up the update last night after i got bugless beast and it said failed in the recovery screen, any ideas why?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RM = Rom Manager

what "update" did you try - the baseband??

do you have a nandroid backup - ie, of a rom that was working before the ota update? you might try restoring your backup and see if you can reestablish a service connection.

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
I tried my nandroid backup, it won't find service.
Thanks for letting me know what RM was.

Most recent one tried was Liquid Ginger Bread and no connect was found, I tried toggling the air plain mode but it won't go into air plain mode. It says disabling all wireless connections and stops.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
go onto peteralfonso.com - he has several baseband versions for dl, i believe. you may need to try to flash a couple different ones and see if you can't get connection established.

if that doesn't work, you may need to .sbf your phone. and if that doesn't work, i'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

anyone else have any ideas???

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
go onto peteralfonso.com - he has several baseband versions for dl, i believe. you may need to try to flash a couple different ones and see if you can't get connection established.

if that doesn't work, you may need to .sbf your phone. and if that doesn't work, i'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

anyone else have any ideas???

.sbf?

explain a little more on that? ill try flashing a few to see what i get.

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
Just a update for everyone who helped me, Nothing seemed to be working, even after re flashing it back to 2.1 and un-rooting it did nothing to the "No service" error. after un-rooting called verizon and had a new one sent out. got my new phone :) tyvm guys for all the advice

OP
U

unkwn

Reaction score
I tried looking into this on my own and i can't seem to figure it out.

I got my Droid awhile back and i decided i would root it.
Successfully rooting it i uploaded new ROMs on my phone and eventually upgraded it to the Froyo 2.2..

The other day i woke up to see my phone showing "No Service", i realized that my droid started downloading the new 2.2 software and froze, when i tried pushing the top button to turn the screen black, it shut off.

Since then my phone only shows "No Service". I tried re-flashing my phone with the older software and re-applying the Froyo software. I am stuck and don't know what to do. I have insurance on my droid, just in case.

Summery of body:

Can i fix a "No Service" issue with droid?
If so, how? - Please provide as many links as possible.

Hi dear member if you are facing so much problem than I suggest you to contact the dealer from you have purchase the set and claim to them...

I do not know if you read the last page, this is already taken of, but thank you.

Yeah, I've already rooted my new one.

Reaction score
I need help. Idk what my phone is doing. I want to install storm droid but I can't get into clockwork I keep getting a bluescreen I think its fastboot, everytime I try reboot in recovery to install the rom. Any help guys or girls? I don't know if in rooted, I was I rooted then reset phone then apps say I'm not. I'm trying to reroot but no luck with gingerbreak or z4root. Please help.

Sent from my Ally

ronnieward1973

Reaction score
On my notification bar, there is no wifi icon at the top. Instead the wifi on/off is in the middle and when I go to clear notifications I constantly accidentally hit it. How do I get it to the top with the rest. It's driving me nuts. Please help.

View attachment 54622

ronnieward1973

Reaction score
I really need help. This is driving me nuts. I'm about to go blow up an ant hill with some firecrackers to ease the tension on my brain.