i need help on wireless tether plz. help

laosflava

Reaction score
hey i'm new to this and i was wondering how i get this to work, i got froyo 2.2 update on my motorola droid and just downloaded easyroot (paid vers.) and wireless tether for root user off the market i also downloaded rom manager to install p3droid for netfilter kernels but it don't work or i'm doing something wrong. i also downloaded wireless tether apk file and installed it to the root of my sd card but i can't find it when i try to open it up. i know i'm doing something wrong but don't know what it is, any help will really be appreciated. "all i want is to get my wireless tethering to work". thanks in advance.

OP
L

laosflava

Reaction score
Is easyroot app not a good app to root your phone.I understand the concept of rooting, it's basically something to bypass the stock setting.

tkstock

Reaction score
Rooting your phone is basically having admin rights, which your not given in the stock ROM.

I don't think there is an application to root the phone... you have to install a rooted ROM (which wipes your phone).* Follow the guide posted to do it if you feel comfy doing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

oneway89

Reaction score
I have droid 1. I used easy root. it cost $1 with paypal. it worked flawlessly. So easy your grandma could do it. i downloaded it on my computer and drag and droped it on my phone. then used linda manager to install it on the phone. ran the app it asked for my email and passcode 5 sec later i turned my phone off and back on and i was rooted. i installed wireless tether from the market. it works flawlessly. i can put my phone on charge in the bedroom and play fulltilt poker in the living room. I dont understand all that rom stuff, best dollar i ever spent.

tkstock

Reaction score
Apparently Easy Root will do just what it says... for supported phones and builds. FRG22D is not yet supported, so if you have the latest Froyo release, you can't use Easy Root just yet...