I need a video player with support for chapters...

inigmntoya

Reaction score
Do any of the current video players support advancing to the next/previous chapter if that information is recorded in the video file?

I have quite a few MP4 files that play fine on my PC* and the phone, but none of the apps I've tried so far seem to offer the ability to advance based on chapter markers embedded in the files. At best they let you manually set bookmarks and then refer back to them. Am I missing something?

*On the PC I'm using VLC under both Windows and Linux, but (again) it doesn't appear that there's a VLC player (yet) for local files for Android?

OP
I

inigmntoya

Reaction score
No chapter support anywhere?

Still looking for a media player that lets you skip forward/back to chapter markers.... anyone?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please Don't cross post! You have this topic in the Droid as well as thunderbolt sections.

Droid 2 APEX RC2 (GB)

Sites

Reaction score
I use Audible.com and their player. Not sure if it only plays their own stuff though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
I

inigmntoya

Reaction score
I use Audible.com and their player. Not sure if it only plays their own stuff though.

Thanks, but it looks like not only do they only play their own files, but it's not a video player -- just audio books and other audio-only files. I'm looking for something that recognizes chapters within MP4 video files.

OP
I

inigmntoya

Reaction score
Please Don't cross post! You have this topic in the Droid as well as thunderbolt sections.

I see no reason to yell.

I posted in the _APPS_ and Thunderbolt sections, likely to reach two different sets of readers, both of which might have my answer.