I miss Smart Actions

smiller136

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Droid Maxx from the Razr Maxx. I love this phone! One thing I wish it had is smart actions. It's there an alternative app?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Yeah, SA was a cool idea, and super-easy to figure. Sadly, typical Motorola (& Big Red?) Killed it. If you have the patience, there's Tasker. It has a sharp learning curve, but is quite versatile. There is the built-in app called Actions. Is located in your app drawer, of course, at least. I haven't used it at all, so I can't speak whether it's good.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Whoops! That's Asist, not Actions.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Assist does sleep mode, meeting mode and driving mode....smart actions did have a lot more in there. I'm not sure if there is a similar app in the play store but I'm sure there has to be something

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I used smart actions as well. I am going to try tasker as assist is very limited

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's another SmartActions replacement which is apparently easier to manage and provides even greater flexibility than Tasker. It's called Llama. See it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama. I've installed it but haven't yet played around with it. I'll report back with my findings but the reviews are resoundingly good.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Oops! :blink: Looks like Mattman5000 beat me to the punch!! :icon_ laughup: