smart actions

Signum

Reaction score
razr maxx came in today, getting it all setup how i like it. what kind of smart actions are you all using?

pdholtz

Reaction score
Anyone know of any app similar to Motorola's smart actions? I loved the fact that my phone would go silent at a set time but I could still have it ring loud for certain contacts. I have Automateit but can't apply any rules to allow important contacts to ring though.

bocabean

Reaction score
I just installed AutomateIt. There is a free and a pro version (pro is so cheap, I think $1.99!). A little bit of a learning curve but it appears to do everything that SA did and probably a lot more. I have not looked into any other similar apps yet, such as the one mentioned above. However, based upon the reading that I did, AutomateIt seems to be a decent choice.

pdholtz

Reaction score
I just installed AutomateIt. There is a free and a pro version (pro is so cheap, I think $1.99!). A little bit of a learning curve but it appears to do everything that SA did and probably a lot more. I have not looked into any other similar apps yet, such as the one mentioned above. However, based upon the reading that I did, AutomateIt seems to be a decent choice.
One thing I really liked about smart actions was the ability to have my phone ring loud for selected contacts at night. I have installed Automateit but it doesn't seem to have that feature.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Samsungs built-in blocking mode will do exactly what you are wanting. You will find the option in the system menu.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Found it, thanks.

Is there away to silence email and messaging notifications during the same time period?

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Just check the "turn off notifications" box in the blocking mode menu and that will mute those alerts.