I might buy this phone if...

Soileau

Reaction score
I love the hardware of this phone.

The only thing I dislike is the basic phone backgroud.

I wish it looked more like the droid eris background, with a sexy clock / weather widget up front and neat colorful background.

Is there a way to make the main screen of the droid look like the eris with a neat clock / weather widget, or at least change that dull grey background??

J

JohnDroid

I love the hardware of this phone.

The only thing I dislike is the basic phone backgroud.

I wish it looked more like the droid eris background, with a sexy clock / weather widget up front and neat colorful background.

Is there a way to make the main screen of the droid look like the eris with a neat clock / weather widget, or at least change that dull grey background??

There are a few home screen replacements available for free. Don't let that stop ya!

OP
S

Soileau

Reaction score
Could somebody post a screen of a replacement? That would be wonderful : )

godanigo

Reaction score
You can change the wallpaper to whatever you want if thats what you're talking about. There are lots of ways to customize the home screen, that is the beauty of Android. I change mine around all the time. Here's a picture of my home screen, no screenshots for me yet.

IMG_3049.jpg

But I worry that if you had to post on a forum to find out that simple a thing about android, you might not be ready for all of the features. Go to the store and play with one to see what an Android phone is fully capable of and you'll realize quickly that changing the home screen is only the beginning.

gouranga24

Reaction score
godanigo - what clock app is that u are using? Very nice and would like to add it. Tks.

OP
S

Soileau

Reaction score
That is wonderful!

Thank you, that is just what I was looking for.
I figured there would be exorbitant amounts of customization, since its open source. I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!

TomN

Reaction score
There are SO many ways to customize the Android operating system that you can get kinda lost in it all if you're not careful. Such a huge change from the iPhone!