I may have to kill a friend of mine

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just got an Apple watch And he's posted about it 30 times on FB.
His latest:
Yes! 2 MILLION faces!
And he posts this picture:
de3fd88cb49ba582e8d2145880f681f2.jpg

Where does that says "faces"? I'm pretty sure the watch comes with 10.
Yes, very customizable. But. Just 10 faces.

#Die

TapaTurbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maybe he's referring to the 2 million faces of disappointment, who bought these watches only to realize there's only 10 faces available for the watch?

Last edited:

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Everyone at work is yacking about it. I just laugh and point everything they can't do. Although I do want to get one just to creepily send my heart beat to people. XD

mackie08

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Lol came here coz the title made me laugh out loud. 30 FB posts are too way over! Sure I might kill a friend too if he continue posting after 50 posts, and the 51st posts would be the Apple watch with his lifeless body with his time of death. lol!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If he didn't lie 1,000 miles away, he would be dead.

After I gave him a little bit of a hard time about it and mentioned the walled garden and not letting anyone else make faces, he replied:

They will be coming out with new faces. Hopefully they will let developers make them too. It would be smart as then they can make money off of it too. Apple is very controlling but that is why there product is top notch and not crap. Love this band its very hmmm silky is the only word that I can't think of and the magnet is very strong. I also love the fact that you can interchange bands on the watch as well. I was going to go with the space black link one (it was 200.00 more as well) but felt it would limit the number of bands that would go with it

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Facebook isn't evil. It is what you make it. Like many things in life.

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just tap their name, tap friends, tap unfollow, give it a few days or however long until he gets past this phase, go back and tap follow. I have quite a few Facebook friends I have to mask every now and then while they get on some tangent that causes me internal grief, usually binges of 80s big hair band video links, or similar.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just tap their name, tap friends, tap unfollow, give it a few days or however long until he gets past this phase, go back and tap follow. I have quite a few Facebook friends I have to mask every now and then while they get on some tangent that causes me internal grief, usually binges of 80s big hair band video links, or similar.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
That technique is also quite useful for family, who you love to death, but who post tons of game and "inspirational" mumbo jumbo and clog up your feed. You can still interact with them if/when they comment on something you post that's of value to you and not hurt their feelings by unfriending them, but you don't have to see their crazy posts.

You can also click the little arrow in the top right by their post and select "I don't want to see this." From there, they give you options to let the person know that you don't want to see it and/or to explain what you don't like about it. "It's offensive, doesn't interest me, etc."

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Omg he posted again. I guess if I spent $600 on a watch I might post a lot too.

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was posting some about my S, still do when I find something cool or pass a milestone walking but it was never bragging about the watch itself, just the stuff I was doing with it like mapping my kayak trips, Komoot app results and stuff many past they've done using their phone. When I met my 10k per day steps daily for a month I posted a screen shot of the screen on my watch but I'm too old to care what others think of my techno gear.
I had a goal of losing 60 pounds to get back down to what I weighed in my early 30s and I've been posting a little here and there that 40 down,20 to go because I'm addicted to the step counter on my watch. Some might find it annoying that I post to Facebook on my watch but I'm too old to care. They can unfriend me and I won't lose any sleep or be so sad I skip a cookie or grilled chicken cutlet.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was posting some about my S, still do when I find something cool or pass a milestone walking but it was never bragging about the watch itself, just the stuff I was doing with it like mapping my kayak trips, Komoot app results and stuff many past they've done using their phone. When I met my 10k per day steps daily for a month I posted a screen shot of the screen on my watch but I'm too old to care what others think of my techno gear.
I had a goal of losing 60 pounds to get back down to what I weighed in my early 30s and I've been posting a little here and there that 40 down,20 to go because I'm addicted to the step counter on my watch. Some might find it annoying that I post to Facebook on my watch but I'm too old to care. They can unfriend me and I won't lose any sleep or be so sad I skip a cookie or grilled chicken cutlet.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I totally get what you're saying, and I'm only 30. I post what I want and don't care what others think. Kinda makes me feel good when I unfriend someone and then they call me on it and tell me that they're sad because they enjoyed many of my posts and/or found them funny, but I don't post things to boast or brag. It's just stuff that I like or find interesting, updates on my life (for mom), or things that I think might entertain my friends.

My Facebook habits have drastically changed as I've gotten older though. I used to post all kinds of stuff, all day, every day. Now, I do more reading and commenting than creating my own posts, but I do still post the occasional post that I know no one is going to care about.

If people don't like what I post, they're welcome to unfriend me or unfollow me. Doesn't hurt my feelings. I only migrated to Facebook from Myspace because that's where everyone was at. I joined fb when you had to have a college email address to join it and didn't do much with it for years because I liked that Myspace offered more customization and expression. I used to call Facebook the "Myspace for people who aren't creative", but everyone was there, so I started using it more and actually downloaded all of my pics and videos and closed down my Myspace a few years back.

Not really sure why I've gotten into all of this. Probably mostly because I've been busy at work and missed the forum and also because I've been neglecting to use my Remix Ultra tablet as much as I promised myself I would. This keyboard is definitely a pleasure to type on.

Thank you. Ha

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, we all do that to some extent, whether it's here on the forums or FB. Especially when it involves tech or something we're passionate about. I'm sure the folks on the S3 forums roll their eyes every time I post a picture of babyback ribs I just finished cooking. (Which is about every other week) I've gotten better about it I think..... lol

S5 tap'n