I know some say Task Killers are not needed but

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Some programs hog cpu resources and slow down the phone, which is a fact. Not everything revolves around ram ;) Android does not kill apps that go hog wild on cpu cycles in the background. Sure, its shoddy programming that does it, but can you vouch for every Android app dev? Of course not :p

peterjariel

Reaction score
Hey I know I off topic but does any 1 know if they make a cable that can connect the droid to the tv so u can watch movies and stuff. "For the motorola or htc droid"

tdog7879

Reaction score
is this a dl from market? what widget is this?

thanks
long press on home screen>shortcuts>running services....sorry for calling it a widget

That only kills services, which I typically do not do. Point in case I killed the Fring service and yet, I am still logged in and active.
On certain main apps this happens but if you run imusic or the weather channel app or your music app and some widgets it will close those certain type of apps but like gtalk service ,android keyboard,mail service...you can stop them but they will just start right back up

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats what I am saying though. I don't kill services. I kill the apps. The services more often than not will start back up, or only close certain aspects of a program, which isn't helpful (in my case).

Like, if you close the Fring service, it just breaks the voip part of it. Its still active and works as an IM client.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Thats what I am saying though. I don't kill services. I kill the apps. The services more often than not will start back up, or only close certain aspects of a program, which isn't helpful (in my case).

Like, if you close the Fring service, it just breaks the voip part of it. Its still active and works as an IM client.
well you could just force stop in your application list...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah you could. Thing is, I have a HUGE list of installed apps. It would take me ten times longer than just doing a single tap ATK, kill selected.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
is this a dl from market? what widget is this?

thanks
long press on home screen>shortcuts>running services....sorry for calling it a widget

this must be something you DL because

I dont have this when i long press and look under the shorcuts :(

thanks

Go to your Home Screen (Long Press)> Press Shortcuts (scroll down to Settings press it)> Find Running Services (Press it). And voila you have a shortcut to you running services on your Homescreen.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Yeah you could. Thing is, I have a HUGE list of installed apps. It would take me ten times longer than just doing a single tap ATK, kill selected.
Long press>shortcuts>settings> applications...makes it a little bit easier without having to download a app.... To be honest with you i let the phone do it own thing except for a couple of apps that i just open for a sec and they dont close own there own just keep running and sometimes i forget about those and really dont see any difference in the phone ...I think all apps should just come with a exit or close app option....keep it simple or even just hitting the back key to automatic close the app!!!