Advanced Task Killer 2X good or bad?

s3t0

Reaction score
I searched and nobody has done this or noticed i guess. Basically I have ATK on ignore so it dosent kill itself, lets say its at about 55MB free space, when i kill everything it goes to like 80MB, and the screen shows no programs running, if i hit kill again it bumps it up to like 105MB or higher. I figured it just shuts the program down without letting it properly close? im not sure if what im doing is bad or good to the CPU and the programs themselves. and it seems a lot of people kill the ATK after their done....why?:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you do a search most people have stopped using ATK because it is really unnecessary unless you have a rogue program you need to shut down. Even the the OS has a built-in task killer you could use.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, don't even use ATK....honestly, it's just overall bad for your Droid. Android OS can handle apps running in the background very well and you actually make the system run slower and work harder because your making it force close a bunch of apps all the time. And dont worry about background apps using up battery either because the OS "pauses" apps running in the background when their not used, and whenever you need them, they're there ready to go....instead of constantly forcing them down and then reopening them up when you need them....see??

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Because nobody wants to a stupid task killer sitting in the background eating resources when it doesn't need to be there?

Don't trust the free ram it shows, by the way. On my own custom, ROM, I show 80mb free under ATK with a ton of apps open...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And dont worry about background apps using up battery either because the OS "pauses" apps running in the background when their not used

Thats how its supposed to work, but is not always the case.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And dont worry about background apps using up battery either because the OS "pauses" apps running in the background when their not used

Thats how its supposed to work, but is not always the case.

If it's necessary to kill an app you can do it without ATK. You do it through the applications. You filter for running and you can force close.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Agreed, but I guarantee you that I can kill the apps 10 times faster by using ATK or <insert program of choice>. I didn't get the phone to have to constantly dive deep into menus. Time is money! ;)

nyijedi

Reaction score
People can say what they want, but killing all programs every now and then DEFINITELY speeds up my phone. I use Advanced Task Manager. I have exclusions set up for my widgets, and I have an Advanced Task Manager widget on my homescreen that I tap whenever I feel the system get bogged down. It definitely helps.

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
it bugs me because theres soo many mixed reviews
ATK is the greatest/ATK ruins your phone

I dont have ATK running anymore, every once in a while i open it and kill everything, whatever needs to restart does so im fine with it. its quicker then going to application manager and filtering them one by one dont you guys agree?

JBHorner

Reaction score
This is false. Facebook is a good example of an application that, when open on my phone, sucks the battery life. When monitoring the handset using the adb, it does indeed show Facebook network activity.

This said, a task killer has simplified the process of killing that application, among others, for me. I do it manually, however.

Joel