I keep having problems with my RAZR slowing down to a crawl. Turning it completely o

I have apps to clear caches and stop apps running in the background that help for awhile but the background apps just reload and bog everything down. Is there some way to keep these background apps from automatically reloading?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

you can go to settings/developer options/set background process limit, and set it to a lower number. also, in the same menu check "dont keep activities" and it should kill apps after you close them.
keep a note of anything you change in this menu, some things changed indiscriminately can have undesired results.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Background apps that I won't use for weeks don't need to be hovering in the background using up memory.

Well... I tried it.
It didn't seem to work. The background apps just kept loading and memory got less. After I ran several apps the phone locked. I had to turn it off and back on to get it to respond.

Well... I tried it.
It didn't seem to work. The background apps just kept loading and memory got less. After I ran several apps the phone locked. I had to turn it off and back on to get it to respond.

I find it extremely helpful to reboot my phone once a day. I usually do it in the middle of the afternoon to keep from having to much stuff slowing my phone down..

I do the same in the morning, but I still have to eliminate the background apps several times a day or my phone will slow to a crawl.

I have had problems in the past with a very slow response from my phone. It ended up being a bad SD memory card. Changing it out to a new one work wonders. Also, although not a total fact, there seems to be issues with our phones and class 10 memory cards not performing well. I have scaled back to a class 6 card and it has been working awesome.

David

One thing I found is if you press and hold your home button it will bring all the apps you have been in. Get rid of them by sliding them all until there gone. And then I use my app called all in one tool to clear my cache and history and SD cleaner. My phone stays fast and seams to help on battery.

Have you cleared the OS cache from the recovery screen? Feels like a brand new install every time I do.

Clearing OS cache and making the settings changes suggested above improved the performance of my wife's and mine razr! Thanks for the suggestion everyone!

Back