I just want to go back to stock.....

iamthewalrus

Reaction score
Ok, heres the deal. Last night i tried to get back to stock using rom manager, apparently i did something wrong cause i am still using cyanogen 5.042.

So this morning I was going to follow the instructions at droid-life to return to stock. But it wont let me flash clockworkmod recovery so I am unable to then flash SPRecovery.

Within his post there was a link to Matth3w's post on manually installing SPRecovery. I got to the step where you have to type 'su' in terminal emulator. After I hit enter it says permission denied.

Really not sure what im doing wrong. I just want to get back to stock and receive my update. Please help. Thanks in advance.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok, heres the deal. Last night i tried to get back to stock using rom manager, apparently i did something wrong cause i am still using cyanogen 5.042.

So this morning I was going to follow the instructions at droid-life to return to stock. But it wont let me flash clockworkmod recovery so I am unable to then flash SPRecovery.

Within his post there was a link to Matth3w's post on manually installing SPRecovery. I got to the step where you have to type 'su' in terminal emulator. After I hit enter it says permission denied.

Really not sure what im doing wrong. I just want to get back to stock and receive my update. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Download dmupdater from droidmod.org. you can run that to flash sprecovery. Also it seems like you broke root somehow and dmupdater should fix that as well. You will have to wipe data and cache when it asks and you should be fine.

OP
I

iamthewalrus

Reaction score
I am a happy droid user again

All is well, was able to do a nandroid backup to a time when i had DM1.0. Then used dmupdater to revert back to 2.0.1. Then i followed the instructions to a "T" and manually installed 2.1. Thanks guys so much for your help. I love this site.