I just got the incredible. I need help

wily5150

Reaction score
I just got my incredible, and the battery sucks big time. I was reading that the only way to uninstall an app that came with the phone is to root it. Ok, If I root the phone and uninstall all the apps that I don't need, can I unroot it and not find the apps that I uninstalled back on the phone? Thanks

techguru

Reaction score
I just got my incredible, and the battery sucks big time. I was reading that the only way to uninstall an app that came with the phone is to root it. Ok, If I root the phone and uninstall all the apps that I don't need, can I unroot it and not find the apps that I uninstalled back on the phone? Thanks

Not sure why you would want to unroot once rooted.

for battery life, if you don't need Bluetooth on, turn it off, it takes a lot. however, I found the biggest boost to battery life for me was to turn off contact auto-sync on Facebook and Twitter (menu | settings | Accounts and synch). It seems the process was running WAY too often and just killing my battery. I easily gained two hours a day with this change.

Alan

OP
wily5150

wily5150

Reaction score
I disabled all that the first day I got the phone. Thanks for the imput. I was reading about how to root the phone, It looks like a bear. I rooted my d1, that was easy.

the1650swimmer

Reaction score
Also, it may seem like a no brainer, but make sure your screen brightness is down. I usually never have mine over 20% unless in direct sunlight

Jd

hotdog12

Reaction score
Don't cripple your new DInc! Just get the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. I typically have 55-65% power after 16 hours gps on, sync on, wifi on. The stock battery just doesn't cut it.

Sent from DInc

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Biggest thing I found was keep 3g off unless your using it. Doubled my battery life

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
wily5150

wily5150

Reaction score
update

I traded the Dinc for the thunderbolt. You think the battery sucks on the dinc, the thunderbolt is brutal. I had to disable 4g to get a full day plus out of the battery. Awesome phone though.

Reaction score
all you need is the extended battery that htc makes. it comes with the back for the phone as well. if you are looking for a case that fits the phone go with the hi-gloss case and then use a razor blade to cut out the entire back of the case... of you can go to htcpedia.com and order one of their extended battery cases for the incredible.

i had the extended battery when i had the incredible and i thought it fit my hands a little better... it gave the phone some extra weight but nothing i couldn't handle.