I have a best buy geek squad protection plan ?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
SquareTrade is good, but they require you send them the failed device. That would be a nonstarter for me.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I ended up buying this plan (geek squad) for a 47 inch I bought in Feb of 2015. The other day the hdmi port 1 stopped working. I went to the LG forums and saw this was an issue that some were able to resolve by unplugging everything and letting it sit. Well after doing that and it still not working I started to look through the bestbuy.com site to see if my purchase was in there, low and behold it wasnt and I thought they were trying to pull a fast one. Without a receipt I was preparing to lose that fight and prep using only one port.

Thankfully they were able to pull up my receipt in the store and I was able to drop off my tv for repairs/replacement.

Funny, the store rep was like "it could be a few weeks".

But she was talking to a cable cutter who watch very little tv. So I was like "ok, just let me know when its fixed", took a picture of the tv, signed the form, and left.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Geek squad is a ripoff and a huge scam. I've heard of a lot of issues from friends.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
SO purchased it for her laptop and it worked out well for her. She had to call them a number of times and each time they resolved the problem quickly.
I was opposed to it originally, but it ended up working out well for her in the end.

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to see how the repair goes then. I'll report back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk