I hate this phone

shortie43506

Reaction score
I have been having non- stop problems with my Fascinate. ( freezing, random opening and closing of apps, lines on screen, etc) I called Verizon tech support yesterday and the first lady I spoke to told me to call back using a different phone and they would check my settings and give me replacement options if all my settings were ok. ( I had already did the *228 & factory restore). When I called back I got a lady who told me it had been longer than a year and all she did was have me restore again. This phone came out last September it has been under 365 days. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting my phone replaced either by another fascinate or another model??? She was trying to get me to use and upgrade and there aren't any phones I want to use my upgrade on out yet.
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Do you have assurance? Its the insurance for the phone that you pay a couple bucks a month for. If you do there should be a number you can call that deals directly with them, they'll ask you whats going on with the phone and then send you a replacement phone for you and have you send the old one back. Haven't had any issues with this phone but I've done it before with an older phone that stopped working.

lkreykes

Reaction score
I'm with ya, mine does the same thing. They had me do a factory reset, no difference.

clarc31

Reaction score
Had problems with my wife's fascinate last month, called 611 and they sent her a dx2 with no questions asked, id call again...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

VZWSupport

Reaction score
I have been having non- stop problems with my Fascinate. ( freezing, random opening and closing of apps, lines on screen, etc) I called Verizon tech support yesterday and the first lady I spoke to told me to call back using a different phone and they would check my settings and give me replacement options if all my settings were ok. ( I had already did the *228 & factory restore). When I called back I got a lady who told me it had been longer than a year and all she did was have me restore again. This phone came out last September it has been under 365 days. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting my phone replaced either by another fascinate or another model??? She was trying to get me to use and upgrade and there aren't any phones I want to use my upgrade on out yet.Thanks!Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
Hi! I am very sorry to hear about what's happening with your Fascinate! I agree with your assessment of the age of the phone. At the time you called, your phone couldn't possibly have been more than a year old. The original release date of the Fascinate was 09/09/2010. And, if you do have an extended warranty through Asurion, you'll have coverage even today. I can help if you like or you can contact our Customer Service team again by calling 800-922-0204. Let me know via Twitter!DionM_VZWPlease follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
No I didn't have the special insurance. I talked to 3 different Verizon Tec people and heard 3 different things. I bought this phone off a friend and I guess since I wasn't the original owner the 1 year manufacturer warranty is void. My boyfriend had problems with his Droid X that he bought on craigslist and they sent him a replacement no problem even after mentioning that they recognized he wasn't the original owner. You would think I was asking for a Droid Bionic with the lack of respect I was shown. If Verizon sells faulty products and refuses to replace them, I want no business with a compay that's best offer for me was telling me to upgrade. All I want is to have a functioning phone. Verizon, you have let me down!!!

millwood

Reaction score
So let me get this right......you bought a phone off a friend (so VZW made no money from you on the deal for the phone itself) and you want VZW to replace the phone because the phone is not running correctly per your expectations? You are right that you have access to support to try and get the device running correctly, but they have the right to refuse to warranty a product that they did not sell you and have no clue what the device has been through before it got to you. There are plenty of people out there who trash their devices and then sell them so they can move onto the next device. My wife and I both have the Fascinate and we both have had different issues with ours. She got a replacement after sending back her old one under warranty and they inspected it to make sure there was no physical or water damage to the phone.

I might suggest that since you are stuck with the phone that you try rooting it and seeing if some of the new ROMS will solve your issues. I have not run stock in a long time and will not go back to stock. There are some very good developers who work on this phone. Check it out.