I got a rezound yesterday

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Revolutionary has been good at picking up and working up a root method for HTC phones to date - hopefully they'll do the same for the Rezound. Someone over at Rootzwiki claims to have full/permanent S-Off (see below), but so far nothing has been released but a screenshot.

With HTC phones you have to replace the "hboot" (basically like the bootloader) with one that is S-Off (security off - the stock hboot comes S-On). Then from the S-Off hboot, you can flash a custom recovery like Clockwork, and root and/or rom from clockwork. But getting that S-Off is the key. A lot of HTC phones can have temp root access pretty quick and easy, but permanent tends to be a bit tougher.

Unfortunately, Verizon isn't letting any of their HTC lineup fall under HTC's official bootloader unlock either... :(

bvjens31

Reaction score
Revolutionary has been good at picking up and working up a root method for HTC phones to date - hopefully they'll do the same for the Rezound. Someone over at Rootzwiki claims to have full/permanent S-Off (see below), but so far nothing has been released but a screenshot.

With HTC phones you have to replace the "hboot" (basically like the bootloader) with one that is S-Off (security off - the stock hboot comes S-On). Then from the S-Off hboot, you can flash a custom recovery like Clockwork, and root and/or rom from clockwork. But getting that S-Off is the key. A lot of HTC phones can have temp root access pretty quick and easy, but permanent tends to be a bit tougher.

Unfortunately, Verizon isn't letting any of their HTC lineup fall under HTC's official bootloader unlock either... :(

All that being said, I guess I didn't even ask about the Rezound's stock programs. I am so used to the 'moto-blur' crap that I didn't realize that HTC won't have it, because they are not Motorola. (Captain Obvious over here, I know). So is there a blur-like load of crapware from HTC? Or do HTC phones come mostly vanilla droid? Thanks for the response!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
All that being said, I guess I didn't even ask about the Rezound's stock programs. I am so used to the 'moto-blur' crap that I didn't realize that HTC won't have it, because they are not Motorola. (Captain Obvious over here, I know). So is there a blur-like load of crapware from HTC? Or do HTC phones come mostly vanilla droid? Thanks for the response!

Oh no, they're heavily "UI'd" - Sense 3.5 on on the Rezound. It's a love/hate thing. I personally like some of the features/widgets in Sense, a lot more than blur. But some people can't stand anything but vanilla, so to each his own... but it's definitely not mostly vanilla. :)

tc1

Reaction score
Hopefully u won't experience the multiple problems that ruined the thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully u won't experience the multiple problems that ruined the thunderbolt.

Man you have no idea how many times I've thought of that... and I'm hoping HTC thought of that as well...

RVC

Reaction score
When did this phone drop??

RVC

Reaction score
How much is this device?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much is this device?

$300 contract/upgrade... comes with Beats Headphones along with all the normal stuff, so not really an unreasonable price.

RVC

Reaction score
Do you have an option to get it without the headphones??? I already have beats pro.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
doubtful, they're well integrated in the box

RVC

Reaction score
OK thanks. I'm gonna go check this jewel out.

RVC

Reaction score
Same price at best buy?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same price at best buy?

for now, yeah - but BB is typically one of the first to drop that $300 pricetag a bit