I give up on you Spectrum!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Waiting soooo long to get a current OS. Forget it. Next month or when the Note 2 comes out, I will be replacing it. No more checking every day for the OTA roll out or Googling for the info.

ARorlando

Reaction score
I agree. However, I'm holding out for Windows Phone 8 device.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Droid Forums

ARorlando

Reaction score
I had to call VZW tech support, today. I asked about ICS and she confirmed that it will definitely be available within two months.

It's not much but it's something.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Droid Forums

ARorlando

Reaction score
I've thought about it a little more, and I don't think I'll leave the Spectrum for ANY phone. I'm not willing to give up my Unlimited Data & Unlimited HotSpot. Therefore, it really doesn't matter when I change phones (in contract or not); I would have to pay full price, anyway.

I expect the full price for any of the new, high-end phone would be around $600 - $700, plus the $30 'change phone' fee, plus tax, and for all that, I could buy a decent notebook/tablet/TV, or something else that would give my life a little more functionality.

I'll stick with the LG Spectrum until the phone dies.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I've thought about it a little more, and I don't think I'll leave the Spectrum for ANY phone. I'm not willing to give up my Unlimited Data & Unlimited HotSpot. Therefore, it really doesn't matter when I change phones (in contract or not); I would have to pay full price, anyway.

I expect the full price for any of the new, high-end phone would be around $600 - $700, plus the $30 'change phone' fee, plus tax, and for all that, I could buy a decent notebook/tablet/TV, or something else that would give my life a little more functionality.

I'll stick with the LG Spectrum until the phone dies.

These new phones are more in the 700 to 800 range

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Got an S3 on Sunday. No more checking for updates for LG Spectrum. I have officially given up on that phone. Back to my S3 goodness till the Note II that is. :happy3:

corki2

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for it on my spectrum

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oh well, Passed it along to my son. Love my S3. Soooo Much better phone. Quick as heck. Good till the Note II comes out.

corki2

Reaction score
Oh well, Passed it along to my son. Love my S3. Soooo Much better phone. Quick as heck. Good till the Note II comes out.

I had my heart set on rhe SG3 too. I decided against it because many folks have been reporting spontaneous screen cracks. I would have to buy it off eBay for a hefty price and don't want to risk it. It seems like a great phone. My daughter in law just got one too. At least now your son will have some ice cream. :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Personally I don't own the spectrum my mother does and I'm holding out and hoping for the lg nexus 4 comes to Verizon I will grab that but I still want my mom to get ICS in hopes that the development picks up on the spectrum

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ARorlando

Reaction score
The ICS update is like having a new phone. It seems to make the 720p IPS display simply stunning. I think I'll be good with the LG Spectrum for quite some time, now.

Is it too early to start wishing for Jelly Bean, or something newer in the future? Probably. I don't expect any other update to this phone, as it is far too old (relatively) to expend any more resources on.

corki2

Reaction score
I had read that this update was going to be huge and it sure enough was. The phone was completely overhauled. They did an excellent job with it. Smooth, fast and I love the interface, icons and all. When the Rezound was updated to ICS, you could barely notice the difference because so little changed cosmetically. LG gave us a totally different phone. I'm very pleased with it.

As for Jelly Bean, all I can say is, I'm glad the Ice Cream is tasty because I doubt well get any Jelly Beans.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2