How do OTA updates work and why am i not recieving them?

Orionalias

Reaction score
So I purchased a droid incredible the last Friday in October as part of that best buy phone Friday promotion thing. It came 2.1 out of the box. I was told the 2.2 OTA update would come to me in a day or two. After three days of it not coming I left the country fo a vacation. I've now been home for two days and th update still doesn't show or prompt me. What gives? Keep in mind there's now this other OTA update supposedly rolling out right now. I check the phone section of settings and it cntinues to say my phone is uptodate. What's going on? Why am i not getting the prompt to update? How does notification of an OS update work?

luniz7

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If you are and have a custom recovery, ota updates are blocked in recovery.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

danthrin

Reaction score
It shows up in a prompt. I have no clue why you didn't get them. You may need to go to the store.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

tigerdango

Reaction score
Very odd. It should automatically prompt you to update much like Windows does. But you should still be able to check for and access it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

luniz7

Reaction score
Wow guess my statement is null....

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
Still no idea why it Took so long, but the updates finally prompted me. Very weird. Thanks for the comments all.

And gonna root soon as unrevoked updates their method again.