I find it sad what is happening to vanilla android

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I find it rather sad that now there are no high end vanilla android phones. The Droid is now gone/going away. And the Nexus One is pretty much unavailable to consumers unless their carrier is selling them but that appears to only be in european countries. So now the only way for a person to get a high end vanilla android phone in the US is they either have to be a developer to get the Nexus One or find a Droid through some other source such as ebay or craigslist. I really hope gingerbread brings vanilla android back.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the things Gingerbread is supposed to bring is a better user experience so hopefully companies will just go with it instead of layering on their buggy, bloated eye candy. Anyway, they'll get the message if people don't buy their phones and they get complaints.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I heard that Gingerbread(Android 3.0) will eliminate the need for custom ui skins. Although i also heard that HTC will continute to put sense on their devices. Hopefully Motorola devices will stop being loaded with crappy blur.

dwagner88

Reaction score
It's a matter of personal opinion, but I would change the title to "I find it sad what MOTOROLA is doing to vanilla android"

Sense at least looks nice. The stock Droid X homescreen looks like the leftovers of a disgusting robot orgy.

dragozoid

Reaction score
The UI on the X isn't bad at all and it's actually a lot smoother than stock Android. But I gotta say that LauncherPro is the best launcher I've ever used.

I can't wait to see Froyo and Gingerbread on the X.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's what they'll do, not how they look. If looks matter, root it and add a theme. They will all be rooted shortly.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
The UI on the X isn't bad at all and it's actually a lot smoother than stock Android. But I gotta say that LauncherPro is the best launcher I've ever used.

It's smoother than the Original Droid, but the nexus one is in my opinion just as smooth or smoother than motoblur. Also, look at how smooth sense ui or touchwiz is. I agree, Launcherpro Plus is the best launcher ever, hands down.

dragozoid

Reaction score

It's smoother than the Original Droid, but the nexus one is in my opinion just as smooth or smoother than motoblur. Also, look at how smooth sense ui or touchwiz is. I agree, Launcherpro Plus is the best launcher ever, hands down.
I think it varies from phone to phone because I've seen videos where the X's stock launcher looks a little sluggish but in others it was smooth. Same thing with Sense.

Either way, UIs don't matter to me because I'll always load LP on whatever Android phone I get.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a Droid1, rooted and rockin, and don't plan to upgrade till I see a gingerbread phone with a physical qwerty, big screen, hdmi video output, and maybe a nice front facing camera. I'll be glad to wait. My Droid1 is smokin'...

Out with the old, in with the new... its technology... its fast

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I have a Droid1, rooted and rockin, and don't plan to upgrade till I see a gingerbread phone with a physical qwerty, big screen, hdmi video output, and maybe a nice front facing camera. I'll be glad to wait. My Droid1 is smokin'...

Out with the old, in with the new... its technology... its fast

I'm in the same boat, im either going to get the Droid Pro in November or get the HTC world phone. Technology is improving so quickly that in 2 years i bet we will have 4ghz processors with hologram calling.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
With any luck, we'll see one of the world phones on Verizon being the Vanilla Android phone of choice this holiday season.

But right now, we have to pray for vanilla Android. Pray, and pray hard.