I don't get it... at all.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm reading the exact same thing in every nexus thread lol why make a thread that says the exact same thing as another 1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery is fine.. made it thru a full day at the office.. txting, music, etc.. no battery issue here.. i got 8hrs today and was at 65% battery left.. my only gripe is the ONE app i Do use doesnt work yet with ICS....

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well... quite the mixed reviews here. I can't say from experience bc I don't have the GN, but the same thing happened with the TB. first of its kind (4G) and the battery was te main issue. When i first got it, yea the battery sucked. 4G killed in less than 8hrs. Now, with CM7, 3G, and a few kernel tweaks, I can easily get 12 hours out of it with 40% to spare. Sure, VZ's 4G is fast as can be, but I'd rather have a battery. If i need to surf the web or something where i'd like the speed, i'll turn it on. Otherwise, 3G all day. I don't expect this phone to be perfect when I get it, but I hope the devs are quick with putting out their ROMs.

Also, this was to be expected with ICS.

famac!

Reaction score
Not sure what the OP is smoking but a $300 device tied to a 2 year contract costing at least $2K in total should not be having the signal issues i have been reading about!! This is not a free with 2 year contract device. IT'S $300 UP FRONT! It better hold on to a signal in the blackest of holes (like Moto phones do) and the damn battery better last at least 12 hours with moderate use. Now i was able to get mine for only $150 after getting the right CSR to apply certain promos but regardless, i demand damn near perfection when i receive it on Tuesday! If not, back it goes and back i go to my Droid X with great signal and good battery life!

captdroid

Reaction score
Not sure what the OP is smoking but a $300 device tied to a 2 year contract costing at least $2K in total should not be having the signal issues i have been reading about!! This is not a free with 2 year contract device. IT'S $300 UP FRONT! It better hold on to a signal in the blackest of holes (like Moto phones do) and the damn battery better last at least 12 hours with moderate use. Now i was able to get mine for only $150 after getting the right CSR to apply certain promos but regardless, i demand damn near perfection when i receive it on Tuesday! If not, back it goes and back i go to my Droid X with great signal and good battery life!

You demand damn near perfection?! lol Man you should just cancel your order... lol

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You demand damn near perfection?! lol Man you should just cancel your order... lol

No kidding, a brand new OS, you might as well cancel your order. People know nothing about software maturity.

mattv111

Reaction score
I knew what I was getting into with the GN. New phone. New OS. Bound to be bugs. But I have a serious issue with a battery that can't last more than 6-7 hours under light to moderate use. I am not in a situation that I can be constantly near a charger. And I do not want to have to carry a spare battery with me. I have a Droid X that with the extended battery will last a full day. I have a Bionic that can go well over 24 hours without a charge with an extended battery and moderate use. Full day with standard. Even when I had the RAZR battery life was not great, but nowhere this bad. The GN battery drains without even using it. Took it off charge and it dropped 10% in an hour without even touching it. And I don't use 3G and keep the screen at 50%. This just is not acceptable. My expectations for an 1850mAh battery to last a full day with light to medium use are not that unrealistic.

The battery and less than adequate signal strength are my only complaints. And these are two major things that will keep me from being able to use it like I want to.

I don't see the problem with the battery life. When I put my phone on the charger today there was 10% left and it had been off the charger for more than 17 hours. That included about 8 hours of sleeping but still I think the battery is great

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Moto 4G phones are just as guilty of dropping signal and having huge battery fluctuations. No one is safe!

famac!

Reaction score
No kidding, a brand new OS, you might as well cancel your order. People know nothing about software maturity.

I have worked in the software industry before so yes, i know a thing or two about it. While almost none are perfect out of the gate, most at least perform well in their primary functions. In this case, its a phone. There is NO EXCUSE for the signal being as crappy as some have reported. Battery optimization at a later date (i.e. real soon) is understandable but a ****ty signal is not.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Signal strength is affected by software optimization as much, if not more than the actual hardware.

No company releases a perfect phone, no company ever will.

famac!

Reaction score

yup... for sure...

So i have had the phone for a few days and damn near perfection is what i got! Don't have any signal issues like some have been reporting. Sometimes in buildings, i have the 4G sign with no bars but data is still coming down fast and furious. I love this phone. Must have shown it off to 10 people already and they all loved it. Some are already making plans to pick one up ASAP. Nice one Google!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i have had the phone for a few days and damn near perfection is what i got! Don't have any signal issues like some have been reporting. Sometimes in buildings, i have the 4G sign with no bars but data is still coming down fast and furious. I love this phone. Must have shown it off to 10 people already and they all loved it. Some are already making plans to pick one up ASAP. Nice one Google!

Glad to hear. I'm also one of the lucky ones with no signal issues, it's been a truly great experience. My only problem is worrying about not keeping it pristine, I refuse to cover this beauty with a case.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Glad to hear. I'm also one of the lucky ones with no signal issues, it's been a truly great experience. My only problem is worrying about not keeping it pristine, I refuse to cover this beauty with a case.

I don't know if I have "signal issues"... In my experience Samsung phones don't generally pick up as good a signal as my previous motorola's or my wife's iPhone, with that said this phone is no worse than I had expected for Samsung.. There are times when just that little bit of higher signal would produce a better experience but for the most part I am not overly dissatisfied with the reception on the phone.. Is it perfect... no but neither was my OG, D2, DX, Bionic, Razr, OG incredible, DINC2, TB, or Rezound.. but it's better overall then all of them or I wouldn't have it now.. DancingNexus

sb1831

Reaction score
I don't know if I have "signal issues"... In my experience Samsung phones don't generally pick up as good a signal as my previous motorola's or my wife's iPhone, with that said this phone is no worse than I had expected for Samsung.. There are times when just that little bit of higher signal would produce a better experience but for the most part I am not overly dissatisfied with the reception on the phone.. Is it perfect... no but neither was my OG, D2, DX, Bionic, Razr, OG incredible, DINC2, TB, or Rezound.. but it's better overall then all of them or I wouldn't have it now.. DancingNexus

Trust me you'd KNOW if you had signal issues. It wasn't a matter of my phone only showing "1 bar" it was more along the lines of no LTE/3G and dropped calls. I finally got a new one today, and sitting in the exact same spots where I would previously get no phones I now get more or less the same signal strength that my other LTE devices do.