i cracked my s3..

beaky73

Reaction score
Hello to all... Yesterday I cracked my screen on my s3.. I am having a hard time deciding what to get.. I am with Verizon so I am leaning towards an s4 but I willing to switch carriers for a HTC one... What r some thoughts on either phone? Or maybe a different one.. I do like my s3 but I am not married to Samsung... Thank u

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only you and you alone can decide if you want to get a new phone, fix your current one or switch carriers and get a different device, that is not something other people should have a decision in. If you asked a million people you will get a million different answers, but at the end of the day, it's you who will have to pay for the fix, new device, or new device on different carrier, and in regards to switching to a different carrier, make sure they have good service where you live and work, at the end of the day the service matters more than the device.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The HTC one Google Experience device was just announced. Hopefully vzw will get it. Also the Motorola XFone should be out soon.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I just shattered my screen also, I dropped it from the back of a non moving pick up truck. Before it hit the driveway I kicked it to the grass, I think the kick did the damage. I always have a case on it but was switching batteries.
I priced a repair, $245.00, new phone $600, used phone $300. I stayed with the s3 and got a 16 gb black with an Otterbox Defender for $290.00.
The repair is so expensive because there are no aftermarket screens available, two different shops said they pay about $200 for the screen.