I can't send via my Comcast email...

cadre.9

Reaction score
I set up my Comcast email account on my X and I receive my mail fine. However, every time I try to send a message I get "Comcast message not sent: Authentication error sending." I compared the settings with those on my desktop and the only difference I can see is, on my computer the outgoing server port is "0" and on the phone it's "587".

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

cadre

chasman

Reaction score
had that happen to me called comcast and they gave me another port number to put in and all good now..

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Changing the port didn't help. Much as I deplore the prospect I guess I'll contact Comcast.

Thanks.

cadre

bkendrick

Reaction score
Google "comcast SMTP port". See what it comes back with. Most ISPs provide several ports to communicate to the SMTP. This allows businesses with complex firewalls some flexibility due to software limitations.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.7

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
After several suggestions by email experts at the Comcast Help Forum didn't work I finally called Comcast tech support and the young lady recommended I remove the Comcast account from my phone and set it up again. Voila!

cadre

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Third thread on this subject in a week.

The thread I read said the person having the issue with Comcast said he got it fixed when they gave him a different port number to use.

Now if you want to get more detail, google Comcast email Droid Forums and you will see all kinds of info on this.