ICS Boggered my Comcast e-mail

R.Aster

Reaction score
Well, ICS auto-download last night on my stock Maxx and after I installed, my Comcast e-mail would not receive or send and also all my old messages were MIA. I built a new account (using another Comcast addie I have) letting all the settings default. This one worked. The auto-selected settings that differed were incoming and outgoing server port and outgoing Authentication Method (PLAIN). I copied these to my old account and function is restored but the old messages are still in the wind.

The error produced before changing these parameters was something about an invalid or missing certificate on the device.

Anyone else? Anyone know how to get back my old messages?

Thanks,
RA

Kirru

Reaction score
I changed my secuirty cert to the option below and it seemed to solve the problem, my messages loaded right away.

Untitled-1.png

Kirru

Reaction score
Not a problem, just went through a half day yesterday before realizing I wasnt getting my emails... now I just need to figure out how to limit the amount of messages downloaded.. tired of deleting them and using battery

Kirru

Reaction score
Another note, you have to do the same thing to the out going emails as well becuase it doesnt change.