Comcast email

BigGuyNH

Reaction score
Okay,

I have replaced 3 Droids in a month, so now here is the story:

I have my gmail account works fine.
BUT

My comcast accounts I am having problems with. I have spoken to Comcast, Verizon and Motorola, here is what I do and what happens:

I set up my comcast account manually in the phone, being surethatevery thing from the ports to server to passwords to time it checks for email (5 mins) to everything else.

Every day, I need to remove and rest my email account because the phone will not receive the emails. THe emails are on the server, but are not picked up by the droid.

Everyone who has looked at this and no one can help, PLEASE HELP!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay,

BUT

My comcast accounts I am having problems with. I have spoken to Comcast, Verizon and Motorola, here is what I do and what happens:

I set up my comcast account manually in the phone, being surethatevery thing from the ports to server to passwords to time it checks for email (5 mins) to everything else.

Every day, I need to remove and rest my email account because the phone will not receive the emails. THe emails are on the server, but are not picked up by the droid.

Try using the K9 app in the Market. It's suppose to work much better then the stock app. Either that or have your Comcast email forwarded to gmail. You can do this with gmail on line in the settings but to be honest forwarding doesn't work that well all the time. Try it if you want.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Okay,

BUT

Try using the K9 app in the Market. It's suppose to work much better then the stock app. Either that or have your Comcast email forwarded to gmail. You can do this with gmail on line in the settings but to be honest forwarding doesn't work that well all the time. Try it if you want.

I have Comcast and had the same problem(s) as the OP... I tried K-9 and it really did not make it any better. I went on my Comcast account and had my Comcast mail forwarded to G-mail now everything comes through fine with the exception that occasionally I get Comcast mail direct (no forwarding) from other Comcast users. But I do get all my mail.

OP
BigGuyNH

BigGuyNH

Reaction score
Have a call tomorrow

I called mpotorola again today, and I am suppose to get a level 3 or 4 tech support to call me, I will let you know what the outcome is.

Hey SnoDrtRider,
BTW Check out this sight Get sled sight, I use the same name...

www.slednh.com

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called mpotorola again today, and I am suppose to get a level 3 or 4 tech support to call me, I will let you know what the outcome is.

Hey SnoDrtRider,

www.slednh.com

Did you even try the suggestions we gave you? Do you honestly think that a Motorola tech is going to help you with a Google phone and email?

Good luck. When that fails maybe you can try forwarding it through gmail like we suggested.

OP
BigGuyNH

BigGuyNH

Reaction score

Hey SnoDrtRider,

www.slednh.com

Did you even try the suggestions we gave you? Do you honestly think that a Motorola tech is going to help you with a Google phone and email?

Good luck. When that fails maybe you can try forwarding it through gmail like we suggested.
k

Ya Know...

I came here to meet people and ask for help, not recieve Abuse for a small minded jerk like you, I will delete my account

Thank you for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: