I can't get my droid to talk to my Mac

jpsned

Reaction score
I've been successfully transferring photos from my droid to my mac for a year or so. I connect the USB cable between the two, and the droid shows up on my mac desktop as a "No Name" icon. I open that up, and drag all the photos contained therein to iPhoto.

But today it has not worked. I did all the things people have recommended in the past: turn on Mass Storage on the phone and also check USB debugging. But nothing has gotten my droid to pop up on my Mac screen.

Anyone else have any good ideas for me? Thanks.

P. S. My phone is an LG Optimus Elite.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not familiar with Mac, but I'm still assuming they use drivers. Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You might also try WiFi file transfer, this way, you are not limited to brand issues, but the application is of and by itself, slow.

tleung927

Reaction score
I don't think drivers could be issue in mac. But try from simple switch a cable may help.

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
Thanks for your ideas, everyone. Turns out I tried it again the next day and it worked!

I didn't do anything different. I figger the durn thing jes' needed a rest.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks for your ideas, everyone. Turns out I tried it again the next day and it worked!

I didn't do anything different. I figger the durn thing jes' needed a rest.

That's funny my pc just did the same. Nothing seemed to be wrong, but it wouldn't communicate. I reset the phone, and nothing.
I reset the computer and bingo it worked!

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I think Mr. Droid had a talk with Mac...'Hey Mac, I think you need to consider the big picture here, as me and the boys were thinkin' about you and.....