I can't get my Droid 3's aux output to work correctly - help!

that

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a droid 3, and I'm just trying to play music in my car, which should be easy, right?

anyways, if I connect my Droid 3 to any kind of headphones, it shuts off the built in speaker and outputs the audio to the headphones - HOWEVER, when I plug in a stadard 1/8" stereo cable (to speakers, my FM transmitter, etc) the built in speaker outputs the audio and my stereo system etc get nothing.

I thought I might need an adapter or app or some such, but I don't see a ton of people having the same issue... any ideas?

thanks!

REMilk

Reaction score
Two things.

1. Make sure the cable is pushed all the way in.
2. Sounds like a bad patch cable to me, make sure you are not using an apple patch cord.

Is 1/8" the correct size?

Bob

OP
T

that

Reaction score
I'm sure it's in all the way, every set of headphones will work, no other cables will - and i've tried about 20 different cables... I have a few 2.1 stereo speaker sets and they work great with my laptop, but when i pull the 1/8" cable out and put it into my phone, nada. built in speaker keeps going, speakers get no audio. all the cables work with my other mp3 players, I thought maybe the output was checking for resistance or something, but it's annoying that something that simple isn't working correcty.

I even took a cheap pair of headphones and had music going through them, I clipped off the earbuds, and as soon as i paused the music and restarted it (not before), the built in speaker kicked in again.

Last edited: