Getting Google Nav to ignore AUX output?

nunka

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is possible? I connect my Droid to my car stereo via AUX to play music from my car's speakers, but I'd like to be able to use Google Navigation at the same time without having the voice prompts interrupt my music. Is there any way to make the Navigation app ignore AUX output and use the Droid's speakers instead?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this time no... the Droid external speaker CAN play two sounds at once.... however once the AUX jack is used it can no longer produce two sounds at once. Not sure why this is an no one has an answer... hopefully we'll see a fix for this in 2.1

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Turn off Nav voice? is that an option?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can press the menu button while in Nav and it gives you the option to 'mute'. I do it all the time :)

OP
nunka

nunka

Reaction score
That's certainly an option, and one I may use, but I'd like to be able to know where I'm going without having to take my eyes off the road. Guess I'll just have to wait and hope something comes up...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's certainly an option, and one I may use, but I'd like to be able to know where I'm going without having to take my eyes off the road. Guess I'll just have to wait and hope something comes up...

I'm with ya.... the Droid is capable of playing two sounds at once so this should get resolved.... but who knows.