I cant get into recovery mode anymore! Please help!

GoBlazers

Reaction score
So as of today I'm running Pete's new ROM. I wanted to go into recovery mode to install an overclocking kernal but the phone just freezes on the white motorolla symbol and then eventually boots back into bugless beast.

It doesnt matter if I try to get to recovery mode by pressing and holding 'x' and the power button. Or if I tell it to boot there using Rom Manager.

I just tried to restore an old backed up rom using Rom Manager, but that does the same thing, it never makes it into recovery mode.

I'm worried, what could the problem be?
Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
i think i have clockwork recovery. I really have no idea. I usually just use rom manager.

But ill try reflashing clockworkmod in rom manager, but it already says I have the most up to date version

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
when i click on "flash clockworkmod Recovery" in rom manager.

It says it is complete in about 2 seconds. Shouldn't it redownload it? Or does it just know it's up to date

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
so i flashed SPRecovery, and it downloaded succesfully. The second time I did it, it instantly said complete.

So then I flashed clockworkmod again and it instantly said complete. I'm going to try to boot to recovery again and see what happens

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
It worked!

Thank you all so much for your help!

I was really concerned.

I feel like a kid on christmas, now to play with my new ROM somemore!

xliderider

Reaction score
Glad it worked. :)

FYI, the nandroid backups aren't interchangeable. CW recovery only recognizes backups made in CW recovery and likewise for SPRecovery.

I try to have backups of my favorite rom backed up in both CW recovery and SPRecovery so I don't get stuck no matter what recovery I'm using.

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
good advice. I had noticed that I couldnt recover some of my older ROMS and now I understand why.

I've had my droid for over a month, but I still know so little!