I Can't connect to USB Tether

djspy

Reaction score
Hello, I succesfully connected to USB Tether on my work computer running Windows 7 64bit but i can't connect to my home computer running Vista 32bit. It tells me something is wrong with the Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device. It says Windows found driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install.

Any help?

turnpike

Reaction score
win 7 is 64 bit...vista is 32 bit...they are using different versions to connect that are not interchangeable with each other...make sure all are on the same version and download fresh copies to ensure nothing is corrupt

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
When I connected my phone to my work comp (7) it downloaded and installed the drivers without a hitch. When I connected my phone to my home computer (vista) it downloaded and installed two of the drivers except the one I mentioned. I think it's a problem with my Vista. Every day i turn on the computer it has the little red shield over the power button indicating i have updates waiting to be installed. Everyday i clicked the button and it says it installed all the updates but again, everyday the red shield is there. i can't get rid of it.

turnpike

Reaction score
vista drivers adn win 7 drivers are not compatible via phone download....
start over... IHMO erase/uninstall EVERYTHING go to june fabrics download 3.02 version...to your computer... then update your phone from computer...download drivers directly from june fabrics not via phone...there is compatibility issues with 7 and vista... i use 3.02 and have it working on a vista32, vista 64, and win 7

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
vista drivers adn win 7 drivers are not compatible via phone download....
start over... IHMO erase/uninstall EVERYTHING go to june fabrics download 3.02 version...to your computer... then update your phone from computer...download drivers directly from june fabrics not via phone...there is compatibility issues with 7 and vista... i use 3.02 and have it working on a vista32, vista 64, and win 7

thanks, i'll give it a try!