I can see why fission stopped developing for the d2g

nova77

Reaction score
I agree with rusty, especially since you guys have tight schedules. Id be willing to test as well

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

chrisl20

Reaction score
Id still like to as well Wozzy, I really want to get a jump start on getting a theme thrown out for it quickly!

draexo

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. I downloaded the new grd rom base but I have no idea what to do with it!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, then chose install from zip. Find the file it is in (most likely the "download" file and the chose the zip and yes. I wouls suggest you make a backup first and boot the file from the stock rom. Send me a pm for more info

draexo

Reaction score
Boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, then chose install from zip. Find the file it is in (most likely the "download" file and the chose the zip and yes. I wouls suggest you make a backup first and boot the file from the stock rom. Send me a pm for more info

I have done all that.
Recovery, Data wipe, cache wipe. selected the zip ....
it says..."finding" then "opening" then "installing".... and then... nothing. the status bar never moves. I am in Clockwork Recovery and status bar just never moves.

I am on rooted stock.

Should I unroot or flash SBF for FroYo and try? I do not think it would matter, but what do I know?

Does it matter if I am in Android Recovery or Clockwork?

Hmm... when I attempt to use Android Recovery to install from SD card, I receive "E-signature verification failed, Installation Aborted".

I receive NO message in Clockwork, it just stalls/locks.

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Do a battery pull. If you are on stock you will go to the original start up screen (the one where you have to touch the driod) not sure why the download is freezing but it did it to me twice so I would not attempt again.

draexo

Reaction score
Do a battery pull. If you are on stock you will go to the original start up screen (the one where you have to touch the driod) not sure why the download is freezing but it did it to me twice so I would not attempt again.

Will work it out eventually... time for bed here.
I will start fresh in morning

draexo

Reaction score
After the data wipe, I could not recall my google information, so I had to do a restore from my nandroid backup. Hey, at least I had one!
That is all my drama for now... restoring backup. Will wait to see what happens with this Zip file in the morning. I received a PM from another user who had the same situation as me.... wiped data and cache and install would not go.
Restored from Nandroid successfully. Managed to figure out my gmail info too!

Something about that "E-signature verification failed, Installation Aborted" is my guess. Probably something simple.

Waiting on WoZzy now.
Night y'all

Last edited:

nova77

Reaction score
My guess for something to go through stock recovery is it has to be signed by Moto, I figure that's why you got that error in stock recovery.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
It is the same way I flash everything else. I had to sbf before when flashing multiple roms at a time
When I say stock I mean rooted, busybox and the whole nine yards.

draexo

Reaction score
My guess for something to go through stock recovery is it has to be signed by Moto, I figure that's why you got that error in stock recovery.

That would make sense. I only tried it in Android recovery because Clockwork wouldn't do it.