I can exchange Driod for a another one?

iBeTish

Reaction score
Not too long ago I purchased a Driod at BestBuy and later on it got a little beat up, and I was wondering can I take it back and exchange it for a new one, I am still in my 30 day range...

It has a few nicks around the bezel few scratches on the back and hit on the corner...

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
No, not for cosmetic damage. It has to be a functional issue, specifically a manufacturing defect, or the phone doesn't function as it's supposed to.

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Then yea, sure you can return it, but I personally would return it for cash andf then buy the htc incredible

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a friend of mine got a new car, it got a scratch on it so he decided to try to get it exchanged because of the blemish. He was told no. Same would apply to your trying to return your phone because it has nicks and scratches on it.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Vulcan, I tried the same thing with my TV. Bought it, 2 days later I was watching a baseball game and I got pissed and threw the remote at the screen. The screen cracked and the whole TV fell off the wall. And the store wouldn't replace it with a new one..... damndest thing... :D

Riddick

Reaction score
You can't exchange it because of cosmetic defects but if you're within your 30 days you can possibly return it for a refund. I don't think I've ever returned a used product for a refund within the 30 day window so I don't know what the rules are (Does the damage void the return policy on refunds?) however if I were in your situation and wanted a new droid I would be pretty tempted to get that refund and go for the Droid Incredible like what was already suggested.

BTW -- did you use a case and a screen protector at all? A lot of people here try to convince others that they're worthless but obviously they're not.

bimboirepfnc

Reaction score
Last week on Friday i went to the verizon store with my phone because the keyboard letters were falling off the whole keyboard was like F'd up I mean you could hear the keys stick and come back up it looked like a big bubble first letter that fell was the g and the h was about to come off i think this happend because of the heat the phone created sometimes with custom roms so yes am rooted i guess it melted the glue on the keys so i went into the droid box and saw the warranty and if it applied. It said it doesn't cover regular wear and tear and am like wtf wat does it cover than..lol so i was like ama make sure and went to the verizon store they asked me what do you need and all i did was show them the phone and they told me they will help you shortly..i made sure everything was back to stock so i quickly used nandroid and loaded a virgen backup but i wast prepared and it still had a custom recovery menu so i just quickly used rootexplorer and deleted superuser app and then uninstalled root explorer i had all my stuff backed up if your wondering and so i gave her my phone she went inside with it i dont know what she do to it they might of checked if it wass rooted or something but they didnt find out so she came back out and told me she was going to replace it but if i knew my gmail ingo and am like no **** lol she gave me a replacement but it was better the original no lower quality parts like on other phones she gave me my same back panel and battery she kept my screen protector tho but i was like ahh i got more at home and then she took a while with it and said she was activating it which everybody knows how to do.. then i was like its taking to long to activate so i got closer and she told me "ohh am updating it to the newest system update its going to run better now" and am like wtf noooo but i didnt say that i was like ok let her do it so when you exchange it tell them that youll do everything at home bcuz then you will have to use RSDlite and flash the sbf file and root again which waisted my fucc3n time but i didnt pay nothing at all. try doing this before you waist money on ordering a replacement from your insurance.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
christ use a friggin period somewheres.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last week on Friday i went to the verizon store with my phone because the keyboard letters were falling off the whole keyboard was like F'd up I mean you could hear the keys stick and come back up it looked like a big bubble first letter that fell was the g and the h was about to come off i think this happend because of the heat the phone created sometimes with custom roms s....

So let's see if I understand you. You violated the terms of your agreement with VZW and melted your phone and you're recommending that others do the same?