I bought a USB cord for my Droid...now how do I make it work?

Uprangewilly

Reaction score
As others have told you Google is your friend. Im not about to tell you where to get them from cause Im not sure about the whole legality. Do a Google search for gba_bios.zip or something like that and it should lead you to a web page to download the BIOS from.

YES, YES, Facepalm is correct.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
No, how DO you do it? From the computer to the phone?

Uprangewilly

Reaction score
Hook your droid up to your PC using your USB cable and go to My Computer or whatever it is. Mine shows as an F: drive. Thats is your memroy card that is in your droid. Then right click the BIOS file and click send to and tell it what folder you want to save it in on your droid/F:drive. I suugest you save it in the "downloads folder".

Does anyone know if he needs some APP like Astro file to do this?

Good luck!! Im out!

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
So it shows up as file J: and when I view the files it says it is in fact on the phone, but I can't find it on the phone.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
I just "debugged USB" and it seems to be doing something, let me get riiiight back to u

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Nevermind. We're dumb. I didn't realize the charger cord was a USB too.
My last phone an env2 has the USB cord but nothing else. I has to buy a generic plug (which is too weak for my droid).

So it shows up as file J: and when I view the files it says it is in fact on the phone, but I can't find it on the phone.

When you're plugged into the computer and "mount" you can't see them on the phone. If I'm playing music it will stop and say "SD Card Unavailable".

I thought you might have bought a bad USB cord. I did for my last phone... however it was so cheap I didn't bother returning the cord.... would have cost more in postage... price should have been my first clue... but there were good reviews for the seller... oh well, live and learn...

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Hm, not having any luck...I can't find the SD card in the files under J: either. I thought maybe if I drag the bios thingie straight to that folder it'd work but no luck.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
ok so i unplugged the usb cord and tried opening the gameboid and it says "load BIOS failed. The BIOS must be specified in the settings"

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
WAIT! I got it. Now does anyone know where I can get Final Fantasy for it?? :icon_ banana:

JimmyD

Reaction score

Oh.... One thing to keep in mind about your Droid and transferring files via USB....

You will NOT be able to see any of the files on your micro SD card through the phone when you still have it connected and mounted to your PC!

In other words, you will see the micro SD card files through your PC, but not through the phone while connected.

Once you UNMOUNT and DISCONNECT your USB cable, you'll notice your Droid reading the SD card contents (on the notification bar) and once that complete (it's fast) your SD card will be "ready" and you will be able to access the files through your phone.

I hope this helps!

By the way, I noticed you're new to this phone....

You can check out the users manual for the Droid here >>> http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

Best of luck!

JimmyD

Reaction score
ALSO... you'll probably love the Game Gripper! >>> game-gripper

GameGripper.jpg

game-gripper-20100422-600-07.jpg

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Yay!
Do you transfer the game to the phone the same way you transfered the BIOS file?