i am rooted & have leaked 2.2. how do i get official ota 2.2??

twiy06

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a rooted droid x and I have the leaked froyo 2.2 and build props installed.

How do I get the official 2.2 ota from Verizon installed. I am reading about a lot of problems with the ota so i am reluctant to do the ota.

Is there any difference between verizon ota 2.2 and the leaked 2.2?

How do I get official ota 2.2?

kk4df

Reaction score
To get from leaked 2.2 to OTA 2.2 you have to SBF flash back to stock. But it would be the LAST time you ever use SBF, since OTA changes the bootloader to help prevent you from making changes to your phone. Many, like myself, are using the leaked 2.3.15 update instead.

Read up on it if you have any doubts, as its all over the forums. Many are quite happy with OTA. Your call.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stay with the leak until the patch for the new OTA goes live. If you're not having issues with the leak that is.

If it aint broke, don't fix it :)

Oh, incase you do want to switch to the OTA, easiest way to do it would be to SBF back to stock 2.1 and pull the OTA via settings.

Purple Hayes

Reaction score
I tried Sbf(ing) my phone back to stock from the leaked 2.2. The phone bricked it self in the process only to be saved by the update.zip saved on the phone. Any suggestions, im suck in an infinate unrootable loop.

hazynighthawk

Reaction score
my only problem with leaked is hen i recive text messages the recive time is messed up so they show below my sent ones for the day

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
I didnt like leaked 2.2 texts... so i started using handcent again... and let me tell you i love it so much.

Handcent is like jesus christ himself.

I cant even imagine using normal text messaging again.

OKKKKK... so i am not going to touch my phone.

If it aint broke... dont fix it!

LOL so now im stuck in leaked limbo mode! lol

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried Sbf(ing) my phone back to stock from the leaked 2.2. The phone bricked it self in the process only to be saved by the update.zip saved on the phone. Any suggestions, im suck in an infinate unrootable loop.

make sure to wipe data/cache in recovery after flashing

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I didnt like leaked 2.2 texts... so i started using handcent again... and let me tell you i love it so much.

Handcent is like jesus christ himself.

I cant even imagine using normal text messaging again.

OKKKKK... so i am not going to touch my phone.

If it aint broke... dont fix it!

LOL so now im stuck in leaked limbo mode! lol

Wait, I'm confused. The time stamp issue is a system error pulling GMT instead of local time which throws the time stamp off. Last I heard this issue also happened in 3rd party Messaging apps.

Also, if you were on the leak 2.2 you shouldnt of had any problems using the stock 2.1 SBF to get back to stock. Install RSDLite 4.7+Patch and Drivers for w.e OS you run. Flash the phone and be stock.