I am Droided baby!

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Just got back from Verizon and have the Droid in my hands.

I arrived at 7:02am and walked out with it at 7:32am. Not freakin bad at all.

I am going to take some pics and post them shortly.

No camera clicking. YAY

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I know you have all seen them but I thought I'd post anyway. Sorry for the uneven color. I was playing with the wifes camera and I am trying to get to work at a reasonable hour so I didn't have time for proper color correction.

They didn't have any docks! :(
droid_unbox_01.jpg

Gosh it's a Droid!
droid_unbox_02.jpg

Not too much in the box.
droid_unbox_03.jpg

MMMmmm... like this already.
droid_unbox_04.jpg

Yea
droid_unbox_05.jpg

droid_unbox_06.jpg

It's a tad taller than the Storm but about the same width.
droid_unbox_07.jpg

About the same thickness and considering there is a QWERTY keyboard under there that's not bad.
droid_unbox_08.jpg

A little taller
droid_unbox_09.jpg

droid_unbox_10.jpg

You can put it in the holster either way, front out or back out.
droid_unbox_11.jpg

droid_unbox_12.jpg

I bought the car kit as my wife gets us a 25% discount on accessories.
droid_unbox_13.jpg

droid_unbox_14.jpg

droid_unbox_15.jpg

droid_unboxed_01.jpg

ebean

Reaction score
fabulous, thanks! i'm waiting on the car holder because i thought there was going to be a holder eventually that both holds it and charges it. i bought 2 desk mounts over the phone this morning...actually got through to vwireless sales person in less than 5 minutes and she was great.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I didn't have that long of a wait. Although I had an appointment, there were only eight people in line before I got there at 6:45 a.m. There were a couple of newspaper people there and photographers.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have that long of a wait. Although I had an appointment, there were only eight people in line before I got there at 6:45 a.m. There were a couple of newspaper people there and photographers.

Verizon or Best Buy?

vanwas

Reaction score
Same story in Lansing, MI. Got to the store as they were opening at 7. Out by 7:30, and I wasn't in the first group to get helped.

Rep there said they had 150 phones! Great after remembering last year they had 10, yes ten Storms on launch day. Much more of a pleasant experience this year.

Droid!

texasPI

Reaction score
Sweet! Another I just noticed is that the replacement battery doors are also pretty cheap. I lost the one of my storm 1 shortly after I bought it and it was like $40 to replace! :mad:

texasPI

Reaction score
Same story in Lansing, MI. Got to the store as they were opening at 7. Out by 7:30, and I wasn't in the first group to get helped.

Rep there said they had 150 phones! Great after remembering last year they had 10, yes ten Storms on launch day. Much more of a pleasant experience this year.

Droid!

Yeah, seems like big red really took that experience to heart and made sure this was as smooth as butter.

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
There were like 20+ people in the Verizon store by me and they were moving people in and out very quickly. So yes it seems they were a lot more prepared this time.

By the time I left, it had gotten quite crowded though so I am glad I got there early.