Hyperion Extended Battery for GN2 only $14.99 - has a case too !!!

dominick_7

Reaction score
I got myself one, but am debating on whether to get the black case too. Have you get one or both?

damianh

Reaction score
I have this battery and the cover. The battery life is awesome and the quality of the tpu case is excellent! Don't waste your money on the hype of an extended battery that is over this amount. Shame on anyone trying to sale extended batteries at bloated prices.

Super S Note 2 Caper

dominick_7

Reaction score
I just ordered both in Black (battery and case). Will keep u posted on my thoughts when they get here.

Sent from my GN2

Looking forward to hearing back from you about it, thanks.

I have this battery and the cover. The battery life is awesome and the quality of the tpu case is excellent! Don't waste your money on the hype of an extended battery that is over this amount. Shame on anyone trying to sale extended batteries at bloated prices.

Super S Note 2 Caper

Sounds great but unlike the battery, the case has really mixed reviews. Can't help but wonder if it isn't cheap because of that.

jseah

Reaction score
I had purchased a Hyperion extended battery once before for the HTC Thunderbolt. The capacity was stated to be 3500 mAH, but when used the battery life wasn't noticeably longer than the OEM extended battery at 2750 mAH.

That said, it is a great price, even if it doesn't end up doubling the battery life but only increases it by 50%. The phone is big enough, I don't want to increase the size any more so I'll stick with the stock battery. I also don't like humped extended battery back cover. Personally I think it would look better if the thickness of the back cover was uniform.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Case came today. It's ok. Not as grippy as I would like, but we'll see how it all goes together when the battery hopefully comes tomorrow.

Sent from my GN2

dominick_7

Reaction score
Case came today. It's ok. Not as grippy as I would like, but we'll see how it all goes together when the battery hopefully comes tomorrow.

Sent from my GN2

Hmm.. k well will be interested to hear how it feels in hand and how the kickstand works and all that when you get the battery too. I got my battery in yesterday actually. Haven't tried to hold the back to see how slippery it is. Went through two defective Note 2s, I think thanks to UPS and their drop kicking.. So I'm just waiting on an additional Best Buy gift card for having to deal with a lot with them over the phone before I reorder again. In the meanwhile I'm trying to decide on a case/cases. Think I may go with the Otterbox Defender because you can mod the back of the Note 2 case to get it to fit apparently. May also get the Hyperion depending on what all your feedback is. More grippy would be nicer.. the regular backing is pretty slippery but I also don't want too much bulk since I will use it for content creation.

Last edited:
OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Okay Here's my initial report .....

The TPU case is not as grippy as I would like, but definitely grippier than the replacement back. And it's doable for me.
The additional bulk of the larger battery gives it just enough bulk to be comfortable for me to hold. The stock shape and size of the GN2 is to slim and slippy for me. I need more bulk to hold it comfortably and this works out nicely. It actually doesn't add as much thickness and bulk as I expected it to, according to the pictures and the additional weight is not uncomfortable. Fits nicely in my purse and pocket.

Haven't used the kickstand yet, so can't give an opinion on that feature yet.

Didn't charge the battery a full 12 hrs as instructed initially because we had to go out for the evening, but I left home with it standing at around 75% and it hasn't budged for about 4hrs with regular full use. Will charge it full tonight.

So far I'm satisfied and will continue to report how the battery does. I think many of u will like the TPU case because it's actually very sleek and stylish.

Sent from my GN2

dominick_7

Reaction score
Okay Here's my initial report .....

The TPU case is not as grippy as I would like, but definitely grippier than the replacement back. And it's doable for me.
The additional bulk of the larger battery gives it just enough bulk to be comfortable for me to hold. The stock shape and size of the GN2 is to slim and slippy for me. I need more bulk to hold it comfortably and this works out nicely. It actually doesn't add as much thickness and bulk as I expected it to, according to the pictures and the additional weight is not uncomfortable. Fits nicely in my purse and pocket.

Haven't used the kickstand yet, so can't give an opinion on that feature yet.

Didn't charge the battery a full 12 hrs as instructed initially because we had to go out for the evening, but I left home with it standing at around 75% and it hasn't budged for about 4hrs with regular full use. Will charge it full tonight.

So far I'm satisfied and will continue to report how the battery does. I think many of u will like the TPU case because it's actually very sleek and stylish.

Sent from my GN2

That sounds great actually.. hmm. Would like to hear back on the kickstand and how long you can go on it during the day after the recommended time for charging if you're willing/able to. I figure I could switch between that and the Otterbox depending on if I'm going out or not.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Ok ..... UPDATE ...

Charged all night. Have been disconnected from charger since 6am this morning. With regular, hard use, it shows 97% now at 11:15am and the little battery icon still shows solid green as "full."

I did test the kick-stand. I don't think it will hold up to regular HARD use, but I did find it quite handy. It props-up nicely and is very convenient to reach over and manipulate the phone screen while working on my desk computer. It might last awhile with careful use, but with hard, long-term use, I don't think it will hold-up. But considering that I don't use it that often anyway, I think it will be just fine for my needs.

I'm really liking the handling and comfort of the new design with the thicker bottom section and the somewhat-grippy case. It's still sleek and stylish enough to look professional and non-obtrusive. It lays nicely on its back on the thicker battery section and looks very nice all around.

So far, I'm very pleased and will keep posting updates as I follow the instructions for "programming" the battery. They recommend completely discharging and re-charging the battery 4-5 times for best performance and then recommend a full, non-use charge every 3 months. So far so good and I'll keep you posted. Imho, you can't go wrong with at least trying it at the prices for the battery and case.

jseah

Reaction score
Play Words With Friends. That'll suck your battery down like Team Edward at a blood bank. :p