Hyperion Extended Battery for GN2 only $14.99 - has a case too !!!

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
4:20 pm and just spent the afternoon traipsing across the rural countryside looking at real estate properties and using my Navigation the whole time. Battery currently stands at 80%. :)

Sent from my GN2

dominick_7

Reaction score
Ok ..... UPDATE ...

Charged all night. Have been disconnected from charger since 6am this morning. With regular, hard use, it shows 97% now at 11:15am and the little battery icon still shows solid green as "full."

I did test the kick-stand. I don't think it will hold up to regular HARD use, but I did find it quite handy. It props-up nicely and is very convenient to reach over and manipulate the phone screen while working on my desk computer. It might last awhile with careful use, but with hard, long-term use, I don't think it will hold-up. But considering that I don't use it that often anyway, I think it will be just fine for my needs.

I'm really liking the handling and comfort of the new design with the thicker bottom section and the somewhat-grippy case. It's still sleek and stylish enough to look professional and non-obtrusive. It lays nicely on its back on the thicker battery section and looks very nice all around.

So far, I'm very pleased and will keep posting updates as I follow the instructions for "programming" the battery. They recommend completely discharging and re-charging the battery 4-5 times for best performance and then recommend a full, non-use charge every 3 months. So far so good and I'll keep you posted. Imho, you can't go wrong with at least trying it at the prices for the battery and case.

Oo lala I like how this sounds. Ok I think I'll be getting one. When you say the kickstand won't hold up under hard use you mean it will topple over when pushed a bit or you think it'll break off? Also do you think it uses a magnet? The Seidio Defender case people report that that magnet messes with the sPen. I wonder though without the full discharge for the number they mention if it gives an accurate reading before then. If so 3% less battery for 5 hours is incredible. What kind of hard/regular use is it, watching videos and browsing? What's weird though is from what I've been told by battery companies like Lion is only the older batteries needed to discharge like that but not the newer ones. From everything you're saying though it sounds really nice.

dominick_7

Reaction score
4:20 pm and just spent the afternoon traipsing across the rural countryside looking at real estate properties and using my Navigation the whole time. Battery currently stands at 80%. :)

Sent from my GN2

That's just craziness haha.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Oo lala I like how this sounds. Ok I think I'll be getting one. When you say the kickstand won't hold up under hard use you mean it will topple over when pushed a bit or you think it'll break off? Also do you think it uses a magnet? The Seidio Defender case people report that that magnet messes with the sPen. I wonder though without the full discharge for the number they mention if it gives an accurate reading before then. If so 3% less battery for 5 hours is incredible. What kind of hard/regular use is it, watching videos and browsing? What's weird though is from what I've been told by battery companies like Lion is only the older batteries needed to discharge like that but not the newer ones. From everything you're saying though it sounds really nice.

11 pm and battery reading 75%.

I don't play movies, but I'm online ALOT and constantly emailing and playing music and some games. Also facebooking constantly as well.

I meant that I think the stand might break after heavy use, but I could be wrong. It sits up nice and very stable for me. There's no magnet on this stand I don't think.

I don't think they meant to drain the battery til dead because that would FRY these new style batteries. They just mean to run it down til really low and then charge again 3-4 times initially. I'll let this charge run down into the yellow before I charge again.

Let us know if you get it and what you think. I'll continue to keep you posted here.

Sent from my GN2

dominick_7

Reaction score
11 pm and battery reading 75%.

I don't play movies, but I'm online ALOT and constantly emailing and playing music and some games. Also facebooking constantly as well.

I meant that I think the stand might break after heavy use, but I could be wrong. It sits up nice and very stable for me. There's no magnet on this stand I don't think.

I don't think they meant to drain the battery til dead because that would FRY these new style batteries. They just mean to run it down til really low and then charge again 3-4 times initially. I'll let this charge run down into the yellow before I charge again.

Let us know if you get it and what you think. I'll continue to keep you posted here.

Sent from my GN2

Lol so what you're saying is with 15 hours of moderate to heavy use and it only used up 25% of the battery? That's absurd. What kind of games do you play I guess besides Words with Friends? Anything demanding like say Avengers or the Dark Knight with 3D intensive graphics? Though I realize the screen alone takes up most of the battery's energy, I'm tending to think video, especially HD video would eat up the battery pretty good since Facebooking and emailing are not constant uses of the GPU/CPU.

Ah ok. Hmm hope not. Do you know what their warranty is like for it? Then again $9 isn't much. Ok good. I wanted the Seidio Defender but the interference with the magnet convinced me not to get it.

Think that's what I heard too about it killing the battery. Ok cool.

Sweet. Thanks for the updates.

djtrype

Reaction score
Which Otterbox you have? I'd assume it's the Commuter, because it fits in the Defender.

Actually, I have the Defender case. I just don't see how it could possibly fit with the quarter inch difference it appears to have from the stock battery.

Caesars

Reaction score
I thought about buying the seidio extended battery, but i just can't do it hehe, the stock battery fits my usage perfectly :).

Return of the Android

dominick_7

Reaction score
Actually, I have the Defender case. I just don't see how it could possibly fit with the quarter inch difference it appears to have from the stock battery.

This shows how to do it as well as how to mod a 128GB Micro SD Card to be used in the Note 2 as well. For the extended battery and the case, as long as you have a back up battery cover or don't care if the battery cover is modded then it seems to work just fine. Check out the second link for the direct details:

Home-made 128 GB micro-SD - xda-developers

For details on how he did it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2081712&page=3

How are you liking the case and the added bulk? Would you say it would be fine for those that use the Note 2 for painting and drawing with the sPen?

Last edited:
OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Day #2 @ 10:00 pm -

Long work day. Regular use.

Battery stands at 53% !!!!

Even used my flashlight app for awhile while working in the dark storage area.

Sent from my GN2

dominick_7

Reaction score
Day #2 @ 10:00 pm -

Long work day. Regular use.

Battery stands at 53% !!!!

Even used my flashlight app for awhile while working in the dark storage area.

Sent from my GN2

Haha that's just silly. Wait, was this is the beginning of day 2 or the end of it?

Btw ordered the Hyperion extended battery case.

Last edited:
OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
That was the end of Day 2.

Now it is 6:00 am and the beginning of Day #3 with battery standing at 40%. I'll try to take a screen shot if I can.

Sent from my GN2