Hyperdrive rom

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
Same here. So far as I know it's the only game in town. There just doesn't seem to be many out there yet for this phone.

OP
S

steeletown

Reaction score
They just released synergy ROM. I haven't tried it yet still loving hyperdrive.

Kack

Reaction score
Synergy looks nice I want to try it out just waiting it out a little bit

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

z96Cobra

Reaction score
There are quite a few ROMs out for us. Many choices on xda. There's also some CM nightlies and even an AOKP ROM.

NoahNoise

Reaction score
There are quite a few ROMs out for us. Many choices on xda. There's also some CM nightlies and even an AOKP ROM.

May I ask you fine users a fairly n00b series of questions??

From what I understand, flashing custom ROMs to the Verizon Galaxy S4 is somewhat complicated. Is that true? I've worked some fairly intricate procedures to get a custom ROM to my Droid Bionic, so I feel I could navigate reasonably well around the process, but I also am still new enough at this that any scripting or other intricate work might be beyond my scope. Can any of you point me towarsd a thorough how-to on this?

Or should I wait till there's a one-click type solution and save myself (and my shiny new phone) the trouble?

Thanks for your help.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I'm on Verizon & just came from the Bionic too. Installing ROMs on the S4 is about the same as on the Bionic. Once you get rooted & a recovery installed, it's virtually identical. I do wish there was Safestrap for the S4 though! Hit the XDA Developers forum for all the info you need to root & install the recovery(s), there are a few recoveries to choose from. I like TWRP.

NoahNoise

Reaction score
I'm on Verizon & just came from the Bionic too. Installing ROMs on the S4 is about the same as on the Bionic. Once you get rooted & a recovery installed, it's virtually identical. I do wish there was Safestrap for the S4 though! Hit the XDA Developers forum for all the info you need to root & install the recovery(s), there are a few recoveries to choose from. I like TWRP.

Thanks Cobra,

That's great news! Any chance you can point me towards a specific thread where I can find said ROMs? I'm definitely feeling like I'm not qualified to step in on XDA and just start snooping around... Maybe you can offer a pointer towards any kind of how-to and ROM files that you find particularly functional/handy/stable?

My S4 is rooted and I do have TWRP installed, as that was recommended to have for saving a stock backup. I saved a pre-root backup copy to a desktop folder, ready to be called upon should anything go south on me. Is that the correct procedure?

Again, thank you for the guidance and info.

fishacura

Reaction score
Are you aware of any vids on how to flash this rom? I have rooted my Verizon S4, have Goo manager installed and created a backup. I have not yet flashed a rom (hyperdrive or any other) and don't seem to see a video for this out there. Any help is appreciated as I LOVE the over-the-air ability...there are definitely a couple things I'd like to add back and this seems to make it really easy!!!

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yup there a video on youtube just put gs4 hyperdrive. Does anyone know how to install themes? I thought that the cm10 themes where compatible with this rom

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok so im having a problem with my music I cant turn the volume up when the screen is off not even the control on my earphones will work only pause and ffwrd but the volume doesnt work

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Zedge isnt working on with hyperdrive rom it keeps foreclosing