Huge Moto X Leak Reveals Pics, Benchmarks & Full Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-police-moto-x-benchmark-leaks.png

The folks at AndroidPolice scored a huge leak for the new Moto X. They got hold of a ton of pics, full specs and a slew of benchmarks for the device. Here's the spec-list in a quote:
  • A dual-core Qualcomm S4 Pro MSM8960DT 1.7GHz CPU, Adreno 320 GPU. I'm still not sure what the "d" stands for in the processor model number, but it's likely the same as MSM8960T - confirmed by our photos
  • 2GB of RAM - confirmed by our photos
  • 720x1184 4.7" (about 4.5" without on-screen buttons) display - confirmed by our photos
  • 2.1MP front-facing camera / 10.5MP rear camera with flash - confirmed by our photos
  • 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (ac made it in, nice!) - confirmed by FCC docs
  • Android 4.2.2 on the unit being tested - confirmed by our photos
  • 16GB internal memory, 12GB of which is user-accessible (on the unit being tested) - confirmed by our photos
  • NFC - confirmed by our photos
  • 2,200 mAh non-removable battery - confirmed by FCC docs and first tipped off by @evleaks
  • XT1058 / "ghost" (this is the AT&T variant) - as shown in photos
  • 128.5mm x 65mm - confirmed by FCC docs
The CPU benchmarks prove to be right about where you would expect it to be with these specs; We have an 18.7K AnTuTu score. However, it's worth noting that the device in graphics benchmarks, and mostly annihilates the competition with a 7.1K 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme score. Of course, at first, you must take into consideration that the display is only 720p, so the phone may not have to work as hard. However, there is one caveat to this as well. Supposedly, the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark runs everything in 1080p and then downscales it to the 720p. We can't confirm this at this time, but if it is true, then the Adreno 320 GPU is doing a ton of work here.

There is a great deal more pics over at AndroidPolice, so feel free to check them out at the source link below.

Source: AndroidPolice

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I dont know what to think about this... So what does the S4 get with this bench?

With on 16gb and no SD card slot(32 would be ok). To me this is DOA. This seems to be a re-release of the DNA but with a smaller screen and made by moto.

Last edited:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Battery 13% less mAh than RAZR HD. Same resolution. Double the RAM, but no SD card slot. Higher resolution camera, but I couldn't care less. Assuming that the price at Verizon (if it gets to Verizon) will be at least $99, I'd buy the RAZR HD, which is $50 right now.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I personally like this device, It's almost like a Motorola Nexus.

The specs are fine, if this has an unlockable bootloader it would be a fine upgrade from a Galaxy Nexus.

What is the device made out of?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree with Prime in saying this is a Moto Nexus device. No one is going to be buying it because it is a powerhouse of a phone, they're going to buy it because it's highly customizable, right down to the material used on the hardware. In today's day and age, individuality is as important as its ever been. I think this phone is going to sell like hotcakes because of this and if it's at the right price. It's a phone that offers alot without costing alot since it doesn't have the biggest screen, the highest resolution, the latest chipset, etc. I mean think about it, do we really need quadcore in our phones? Yeah it's nice to have the constant speed and power, but realistically, apps aren't that demanding and a dualcore with some software tweaks will do just fine.

I think Moto is really pushing customization and individuality with this phone, if the rumors are true. This is a phone that everyone can have, but be a little different at the same time. Customization to Android users is important, and if it can be done on the hardware side of things, then the X should be a success.

skennelly

Reaction score
I dont know what to think about this... So what does the S4 get with this bench?

With on 16gb and no SD card slot(32 would be ok). To me this is DOA. This seems to be a re-release of the DNA but with a smaller screen and made by moto.

I hate how android handles an external SD card now. Because of this, my next phone will have 32gb storage and it won't have to have an extsdcard. 16 gb sucks though.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I hate how android handles an external SD card now. Because of this, my next phone will have 32gb storage and it won't have to have an extsdcard. 16 gb sucks though.

I hate MTP! It's so slow and predominately Linux incompatible (works but not out of the box generally).

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I hate MTP! It's so slow and predominately Linux incompatible (works but not out of the box generally).

MTP has given me nothing but issues on my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04. I still can't transfer large files reliably from my G-Nex using the protocol. I've got to use AirDroid instead.

stemo

Reaction score
Maybe I over read or something but where does it say there won't be an sd card?

djspy

Reaction score
You know, if you turn on developer settings and USB debugging, the computer reads the phone as if it were an external hard drive.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
16GB internal memory, 12GB of which is user-accessible

12GB accessible and no memory card..... absolute deal breaker for me. If they dont have models with more memory, I will be using my current phone until next year. 16GB woulda been the absolute minimum for me. I have about 11GB used now on my Max HD. I have compromised on some things over the past few years. Storage wont be one.

Even when I had a G Nex with 32GB....no sd card was a lil irritating for custom ROMs. I never had to back up everything when I had phones with SD cards. Never lost anything too by not backing everything up.

Last edited:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You know, if you turn on developer settings and USB debugging, the computer reads the phone as if it were an external hard drive.

No it doesn't. You can transfer files over ADB but this is not the same as Mass Storage mode.