[FollowUp] Moto X Video Shows Larger Display & Higher Benchmark Scores Than Expected

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;tpSUkSfJg00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tpSUkSfJg00[/video]​

Here's a follow-up video from Reddit user kronikbudz. Just yesterday he shared a video of the Moto X using some of its exciting new features like the Moto Magic Voice control functionality. This second video shows something peculiar, yet very intriguing about the new Moto X. First, he claims he measured the device and found that the display is a 4.7-inch, which is just a tad bigger than some of the rumors suggesting a 4.5-inch device. Additionally, this time he did a CPU Test on video and found that the Moto X may not be as much of a "slouch" as we have been expecting (based upon leaked internal specs).

Specifically, even though the benchmark test recognized the CPU as a Snapdragon S4 dual-core (MSM8960 x2 running at 1.7GHz), the chip still scored an impressive 34,715. This score is up in the levels of the Snapdragon 600 instead. Additionally, the test recognized the Adreno 320 GPU in the phone, which would mean the chip is closer to a Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600. This mystery suggests that either the benchmark program doesn't recognize the CPU properly, or Motorola was able to squeeze a great deal more performance from the processor than their competitors. Share your theories.

Source: MotoXForums.com via TalkAndroid

combatmedic870

Reaction score
My guess, Its an Snapdragon 600 8064T. If it says is has an Adreno 320 and tests like a 600....its likely one. Which is a good thing! Hopefully they enable the quick charge feature like the S4, unlike the HTC one.
Im not a Moto fan, But if they release an LTE version (with the specs below) for $300 with an unlocked boot loaded on the play store, I would be willing to try it out!

My guess.
Snap 8064T with adeno 320
2gb ram
16gb internal with SD card slot(removable back) 32gb for $50 more
22-2400mah removable battery(removable back)
4.7inch 1080p LCD screen(similar to the one on the HTC One)
There may be more then 1 type of pre-production moto X rolling around...who knows

BTW I LOVE on screen buttons, reminds me of the GNex. I really loved that phone besides the Subpar radios they put into it. *sighs* I remember the good ol days....

TatDroid

Reaction score
if they release an LTE version (with the specs below) for $300 with an unlocked boot loaded on the play store, I would be willing to try it out!
Lol. I'd say your money is safe. My last Moto phone (Bionic) was $300 on release day - WITH a 2 yr contract. Not seeing any chance of an unlocked $300 version w/o contract.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
They probably did what they did with the Bionic and RAZR.

-Bionic and RAZR had same processors.

-Some Bionic CPUs could be OC'd to the same level as the RAZR stock CPU.

-The RAZR CPU speed was achieved by selecting only those processors that could be at that level safely.

-More expensive because of all the processors made the yield of the best ones was lower.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
They probably did what they did with the Bionic and RAZR.

-Bionic and RAZR had same processors.

-Some Bionic CPUs could be OC'd to the same level as the RAZR stock CPU.

-The RAZR CPU speed was achieved by selecting only those processors that could be at that level safely.

-More expensive because of all the processors made the yield of the best ones was lower.

But didnt the Gnex also have the same CPU as the razr but clocked higher(or maybe it was the GPU that was clocked higher...i dont remember)?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
But didnt the Gnex also have the same CPU as the razr but clocked higher(or maybe it was the GPU that was clocked higher...i dont remember)?

I'm not familiar with the GNex enough to say. But if it is the same processor it was likely the same situation where they took the best processors from the batch.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
they did have similar cpu but nexus was omap4460(gpu clocked at 384mhz) while razr and bionic were omap4430(gpu clocked at 308mhz).