HUGE LG G4 Leak Ahead Of Release! Specs and More!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LG had planned on announcing the upcoming LG G4 on April 28th, but it looks like a leak has done that job for them! The leak contains pretty much all information about the LG G4. We now know the design plus all the specs! This is looking like one pretty amazing phone! The leak comes in the form of a landing site that was set up by LG. OEMs normally build the site prior to the announcement and then activate it, however in this instance the site was leaked out to the public, and then was promptly pulled.

The G4 will be rocking a QHD display with a resolution of 2560x1440 on a 5.5 inch screen which will amount to an awesome pixel density. The LG G3 had a best in class display last year and this display should also impress. The rear facing camera comes with a 16mp camera with an f1.8 aperture sensor. The S6 has a f1.9 aperture so this camera could very well stand up to the competition. There will be a massive 3,000mah removable battery and sdcard slot. There are pictures of Leather Backs! If all of this is legit this looks like a pretty sweet phone!

via Gizmodo

Last edited:

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Ughhh. Maybe Im alone here, but when I saw the specs of these "powerful" new flagships, I had to look at the camera first. I take a lot of pictures and video on vacations as well as for my Youtube channel. The G3 has a 13MP. Not bad, but I feel like it still falls short. The G4 only has 16MP. Why do I feel this STILL falls short. Sony has a 21MP camera, so its POSSIBLE, but why choose the smaller one? Id LOVE to take much more crisp picture. Especially being able to zoom way in on certain things within the photo. I do have to say, that with my G3, I can take UHD video. Thats a big plus. But I would really like better still photos. 16MP isnt a big jump, but its better than nothing.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Awesome device. Certainly worth a look..

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I like the concept, but it looks to me that the back buttons don't coordinate with the color schemes so well.

image.jpg

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ughhh. Maybe Im alone here, but when I saw the specs of these "powerful" new flagships, I had to look at the camera first. I take a lot of pictures and video on vacations as well as for my Youtube channel. The G3 has a 13MP. Not bad, but I feel like it still falls short. The G4 only has 16MP. Why do I feel this STILL falls short. Sony has a 21MP camera, so its POSSIBLE, but why choose the smaller one? Id LOVE to take much more crisp picture. Especially being able to zoom way in on certain things within the photo. I do have to say, that with my G3, I can take UHD video. Thats a big plus. But I would really like better still photos. 16MP isnt a big jump, but its better than nothing.

MP don't mean a whole lot. Really just means you could print a better quality picture at a larger size. I had an 8mp dslr and I was still able to print a 30x40" image without any issues. Your image quality comes from the lens and software, hence the 1.8 aperture which will allow more light into the sensor in a darker environment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^ absolutely^ Most of today's flagship phones take amazing pictures. Some are better than others in low light, but all of them perform great in normal lighting conditions, particularly outside.

S5 tap'n

pixeline

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if LG themselves are behind the "leak" ... just to prevent people from rushing out and getting the Samsung S6 or S6 edge before G4 is released ;)

No matter what - me like a whole lot!!!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My Buddy still Raves how nothing is like his Nokia 1020 with its 41MP Camera. I admit that 41MP is Impressive but its only a f/2.2. Personally I wouldnt Mine a Slightly Thicker Phone instead of these Super Slim ones and have a nice size Battery and DigiCam Quality Lens & Sensor. Samsung made one years ago before the whole Smartphone Explosion not to mention the Decent Attempt on the Galaxy Zoom.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It ain't about the megapixels. It's all about the sensor. Have you seen the s6 camera?!

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Absolutely! Everyone was poo pooing Apple when the specs first came out for the iPhone 6. Then it was released and now it consistently takes the top spots for picture quality & video, proving that MP size isn't everything.

S5 tap'n