LG G4 Announcement Likely Coming After MWC 2015

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G4.jpg

The above image is just a concept render found randomly on the web.

Recently we shared details on the specs which will reportedly be showing up in the LG G4. For reference, we have a recap below, but this new report isn't about specs. It's actually a delay. Supposedly, LG has decided not to announce the LG G4 on or before Mobile World Congress 2015, and will instead showcase their new flagship sometime after the event.

Supposedly, LG feels they need "more time with the phone." Here's a quote which supposedly came from an unnamed LG exec,

"We rolled out the G3 in May last year so we do not plan to unveil the G4 at this year's Mobile World Congress and [will] spend more time perfecting the new phone."

Could this be indirect proof that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 is having heating issues after all? One might infer that LG needs more time to work with Qualcomm to knock out those heating issues.

Here is that spec recap:
  • QHD Display
  • 16MP Camera
  • 3GB RAM
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
What do you guys think of this situation? It's a good thing that LG is taking more time to "bake the cake," isn't it?

Here's our dedicated LG G4 section for more discussions: LG G4 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm sure they are concerned about the Snapdragon 810 overheating issue. LG stated they have a workaround for the Flex 2 and may be using this additional time to develop and test a workaround for the G4.

gionmi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3 Compact
Snapdragon 810 will be the trend this year. Still, I need new design :(

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather hope it's a software thing where they are trying to perfect something new and different with their ui or a new feature not found on anything else instead of it being the chip.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4