Huge Fix In Verizon Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge Update!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Verizon started rolling out a new maintenance update to Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices. This update fixes a huge bug that was factory resetting devices after a few failed finger print unlock attempts. After the update you will have 10 attempts at unlocking your device with the fingerprint scanner and 5 more attempts at entering your pin or password before your phone is factory reset.

This update brings your S6 up to software version MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPF2 and your S6 Edge MMB29K.G925VVRU4CPF2. Go to settings, about phone, software update to see if this has rolled out to your handset yet.

via Sammobile

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Installing it now. Good to know.

Fortunately I haven't had my device reset on me after "a few" failed fingerprint unlock attempts...I think the most consecutive failed unlocks for me has been 4, at least where the device will error me with the "No Match" message. It very well could legitimately not be properly reading my fingerprint, though I've got the correct finger on the button. I don't know if this fixes the read accuracy of the fingerprint scan (which would be nice based on my usage :) ) but it seems like it mostly fixes when it resets after failed attempts.